Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hose connection to Brandrup water carrier

D

Drapes

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Is there a cheap attachment to connect a hose to a Brandrup water carrier? I haven't done this yet, but I'm thinking with the carrier hanging off the rail then turning the tap on the carrier and aiming for a small funnel it is going to be slow! If I unscrew the tap on the carrier the water will come gushing out and the small funnel won't be able to take the rate of flow. The Brandrup fill-in sets look like they attach a hose to the carrier (I can't quite see from the photo) but they are pretty expensive! Does anybody manage to screw the hose to the water carrier? Or am I just going to have to prepare myself for wet feet every time?

IMG_2985.JPG Hi we use one of these from eBay, with a collapsible water carrier.

Just get the brand up hose with carrier makes life easy , great bit of kit .
Otherwise use a cheaper carrier and save your money.

You don't need to pay Brandrup prices, any sort of collapsible carrier will do, just buy a suitable length of blue hose and a funnel to suit and suspend it from the awning rail with a simple clip.

We got our own funnel, food-grade hose, string etc with a knot that slips into the rail. However, today we've bought a Brandrup water carrier as we found the standard square collapsible type you buy in the UK develope leaks after not many useS. The Brandrup appears to be more robust but I guess only time will tell.

Is there a cheap attachment to connect a hose to a Brandrup water carrier? I haven't done this yet, but I'm thinking with the carrier hanging off the rail then turning the tap on the carrier and aiming for a small funnel it is going to be slow! If I unscrew the tap on the carrier the water will come gushing out and the small funnel won't be able to take the rate of flow. The Brandrup fill-in sets look like they attach a hose to the carrier (I can't quite see from the photo) but they are pretty expensive! Does anybody manage to screw the hose to the water carrier? Or am I just going to have to prepare myself for wet feet every time?

We have the Brandrup set and I am very pleased with it. It comes with the strap for the awning rail, the hose and a higher flow valve for the water carrier. It isn't cheap but it does work very well. The only thing to watch out for is that when the awning rail gets very hot in the sun it must expand just enough for the strap to pop out.

Am I missing something or is it ok to stick a food grade hose in and just fill up. To put in the solutions when required I cut off a couple of foot of hose and jammed the end of a spare kitchen funnel in. Half fill, turn off hose, put in solutions, fill up. ???

Mike

Brandrup water container.
Ours sprung a small leak after about a year.
One thing to be careful of, because I did it. I got send on it and ended up scratching the window where it hangs against it when filling. We now put a towel round it to stop any further damage

Back