Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Finding a ground for fitting dash cam on a T6

S

steve and lisa

VIP Member
Hi Guys I am just fitting my dash cam on my T6 and I have the hard wire kit which I have run the cablling down to the fuse box which is all good, I have piggy backed the fuse but I can't find a ground anywhere down here! Any pointers please?

Hi Guys I am just fitting my dash cam on my T6 and I have the hard wire kit which I have run the cablling down to the fuse box which is all good, I have piggy backed the fuse but I can't find a ground anywhere down here! Any pointers please?
There are a couple of proper earth studs under the dash. see the attached.

Attachments

• earthpoints.pdf
    765.8 KB · Views: 178
Not sure if it's listed in Liz's doc but I found one at the back of the pedals up high.

That would have saved me a few hours.

I fitted mine just behind the control panel. Super easy and all you need is there …

I fitted a Nextbase 512GW with a hard wiring kit into the fuse box under the dash. I too wondered where to get an earth from, when I noticed a screw holding the plastic trim in place was screwed into metal. I did not think it would work, but to my amazement the camera powered on ok! You can see the screw on the right of the pic. The switched live is a piggy back off the top fuse in the middle row.
6664bb6a9e3fb03a80b96c372b8b7017.jpg

Back