Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting Additional Seat in a Beach

H

Howie

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All,

New member of the club seeking some assistance please.

I've just picked up a New Cali Beach "Edition" with the three seater bench in the back. I needed one additional seat which I was lucky to find in the right trim. I've been looking for a YouTube video to show me how I fit the additional seat on the Beach's rail but without success so far. I think I have to remove the plastic end caps and then perhaps slide part of the rail and then slide the seat in, but I'm finding the instructions in the manual a bit unclear, hence the search for a video.

Any assistance/advice on finding a video or how to fit the seat very gratefully received - thanks in advance

Remove the plastic end caps.

Slide out the 2 pieces of Aluminum sections towards the front of the van. Do this to both rails.

You will then see where you insert the baseplates of the captain chair.

Make sure the rear bench is far back enough to slide the single seat back as far as possible. Then replace the Aluminium pieces and plastic cap.

I installed a 7th seat my Beach Edition yesterday!

That's brilliant - thanks very much.

help! removing middle seats - problem with rails

Search the above description in the club forum, photos to help, just like 2haw said.

Takes a bit of practice, plastic caps pop out with a large flat blade screw driver inserted into the rail rubber, to the rear of the plastic cap, slight press forward to release the plastic catch holding the plastic cap in place, (do not apply too much pressure). to get the Ali rails out, put downward pressure on one side of one of the two Ali pieces (with your hand placed flat on the rail) and push forward to release from the clip in the floor rail, Repeat for the second Ali cover strip on each rail. (Do not pry the Ali rail cover or you will damage them) the Ali cover fits into a steel clip mounted on the floor rail and will only come out with forward movement (after the plastic cap is removed) once the two plastic caps are removed and the four Ali rail sections removed the seat will simply drop into the floor rail. Slide the newly fitted seat rearward (using the seat slider adjustment rail on the seat) to clear the open aperture then refit the ali rails x4 and plastic caps x2 ( reverse of removal)

Any problems post again

You need to put the seat in with the base plate the right way round.

A single extra seat can go in one of three places: rails 1 & 2, rails 2 & 3 or rails 3 & 4. The advantage of using rails 2 & 3 is that the passenger can use the gap between the two front seats for legroom, meaning the seat can be further forward.

Unless you want a really quirky set up, two extra seats must go in rails 1 & 2 and rails 3 & 4.

With 5 adults in the van you will probably want the multiflex board reduced in size (drop the front) and the bench moved right back.

help! removing middle seats - problem with rails

Search the above description in the club forum, photos to help, just like 2haw said.

Takes a bit of practice, plastic caps pop out with a large flat blade screw driver inserted into the rail rubber, to the rear of the plastic cap, slight press forward to release the plastic catch holding the plastic cap in place, (do not apply too much pressure). to get the Ali rails out, put downward pressure on one side of one of the two Ali pieces (with your hand placed flat on the rail) and push forward to release from the clip in the floor rail, Repeat for the second Ali cover strip on each rail. (Do not pry the Ali rail cover or you will damage them) the Ali cover fits into a steel clip mounted on the floor rail and will only come out with forward movement (after the plastic cap is removed) once the two plastic caps are removed and the four Ali rail sections removed the seat will simply drop into the floor rail. Slide the newly fitted seat rearward (using the seat slider adjustment rail on the seat) to clear the open aperture then refit the ali rails x4 and plastic caps x2 ( reverse of removal)

Any problems post again
Many thanks

You need to put the seat in with the base plate the right way round.

A single extra seat can go in one of three places: rails 1 & 2, rails 2 & 3 or rails 3 & 4. The advantage of using rails 2 & 3 is that the passenger can use the gap between the two front seats for legroom, meaning the seat can be further forward.

Unless you want a really quirky set up, two extra seats must go in rails 1 & 2 and rails 3 & 4.

With 5 adults in the van you will probably want the multiflex board reduced in size (drop the front) and the bench moved right back.
Thanks for the advice.

Back