Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

fitting headlight adapters

Hi Steve ... That doesn't sound good at all ....mine I would say fit 97% perfect but very slightly out shaped at the bottom ... Yours sound totally wrong to have to do that to them Steve ...
You have photos ??? .. So they come from a dealer ?
Lee

You wait until one takes to the air while driving.........

choplee said:
Hi Steve ... That doesn't sound good at all ....mine I would say fit 97% perfect but very slightly out shaped at the bottom ... Yours sound totally wrong to have to do that to them Steve ...
You have photos ??? .. So they come from a dealer ?
Lee

Hi Lee

Yep brought from a VW main dealer, near side one fits ok but the offside one was fouling the bonnet at the top left hand edge of the protector. Had to sand off a wedge shaped gradient from the top left edge approx 3" long starting at about 8mm running down to 1mm.

It now fits fine and flush without foul the bonnet, pretty sure I've read on another thread of others having the same issue. I will sort some photos over the next few days and post.

Cheers

Steve

You wait until one takes to the air while driving.........
It's not just me then. I've just lost one on a French motorway, so no way to retrieve it. It is a surprise, as the fit seemed good and I would have thought that the airflow would have pressed it in place even more securely. So it's out with the tape for that side now, although I've no idea where it should go. There's no clue on the glass.

We had one come off last year.
I did a post about fitting them securely but can't find it now.
Basically you need to extend the bottom of the slot where the metal tab fits so that it can be pulled tighter so that there is no slack. Not had a problem since.

Back