Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fixation for bus tent on bus with awning

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
We bought a DWT Fjord II-tent to attach to our Cali. The Cali already has an awning, though. So I am wondering what is the best way to attach the tent to the bus? It needs to be over the awning to prevent rain pouring through, but then it feels pretty tight. I found some attachment with suction-naps; option 3 on this page: http://www.devoortgang.nl/Bustenten en busluifels.htm

Would that be the best solution? Any suggestions?

We have the DWT Rodeo. We use the DWT 'Keder-adapter set'.

The part of the adapter that needs to be fixed to the car fits in the twill (NL: keper, GER: Keder) rail in the awning. So, we put our Cali next to the tent, roll out our awning a few centimeters, attach the twill, and then wind in our awning till it stretches the tent. No rain pouring through! And one could even put the tent at awning distance from the Cali, and have the complete awning out, thus extending ones 'dry' area with a few square meters!

Whaw, that sounds promising... I do have some translation problems (this "twill", I cannot imagine what it looks like). But I do understand that I can connect the tent directly to the awning (with use of the adapter). And I guess I have to open the awning a little to make this connection...

Well, since we have only camped in cold weather since we own the camper, we have never really opened the awning, so I do not now what connection would show up when opened. I will try this tomorrow. I am excited, because this opens new horizons ;-))

Back