Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flashing Roof Symbol

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
My control unit is showing the roof open symbol, flashing all the time. I have only opened the roof a couple of times in the past couple of months. I was worried it was not fully closed but it is.

I am in the UK and it was quite cold today, so it is not over heating.

Any ideas?

From previous replies on this sounds like the sensor is goosed.
Thank you

Do you know where the sensor is? And does it require going to a dealer?

Thank you

Not on a T5 but plenty members here will know and there is, I’m sure, a guide if you search.

Last edited:
Thank you

There are a total of 4 sensors, 2 per side.
A good Autoelectrician could just replace the sensors. VW will just replace the whole roof wiring loom with the integral sensors for £1000 +.
There is a pdf How To in the Resources section by @Lambeth Cali

There are a total of 4 sensors, 2 per side.
A good Autoelectrician could just replace the sensors. VW will just replace the whole roof wiring loom with the integral sensors for £1000 +.
There is a pdf How To in the Resources section by @Lambeth Cali
I also had the diesel heating symbol flashing and I couldn't turn the heater on.

Then.

I switched the control panel off, then on. Al cleared and working fine. Just like a PC.

Thank you to respondents.

Last edited:
Thank you but it is all in German and I can't read or speak German.
If you use Chrome as your browser, you can translate the site to English. I suspect IE has similar functionality. PDF’s can similarly be translated using various apps.

If you use Chrome as your browser, you can translate the site to English. I suspect IE has similar functionality. PDF’s can similarly be translated using various apps.
Thanks again. I tried Google Chrome but it only translated the cover, not the contents.

C'est la vie.

Thanks again. I tried Google Chrome but it only translated the cover, not the contents.

C'est la vie.
Have a look at this:

You would need to open and download the document to your computer first but it should then translate for you.

Have a look at this:

You would need to open and download the document to your computer first but it should then translate for you.
Or use a translation app and point your mobile at the screen to read in English, possibly?

Back