Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flat battery on new van..any advice please?

In the first months of having the california I also had a flat battery. Turned out that one of the direction indication peddles was down when parked = parking light feature. Just an idea.

About this light in the tailgate, aren't those on the leisure batteries?!

I had a problem with my starter battery only after a few months. It wouldn't hold it's charge. I had the recovery people out twice and both told me that the battery was fine and there must be a problem with power being drained by some mysterious computer in the bowels of the beast. They used their super duper diagnostic tools but I was convinced it was a bad battery even though it was new. In the end, the van had to go to the dealer who eventually changed the battery. It's perfect now starting instantly even if it hasn't been used for a few weeks. I do connect the hook up cable every 4 to 6 weeks for around 10 hours to boost the leisure batteries. So far so good :)

Was looking through the manual today for something else and saw that battery can be flattened if vehicle is not locked i.e. Left unlocked in a secure garage.

Mike