Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flat vehicle battery T5 Cali advice

CO2, NOX, SO2, soot, dust particles, ...
Anything more you need?
No, anything more you require?
The authorities don’t care how much fuel you use, but how much exhaust emissions your vehicle produces.

No, anything more you require?
The authorities don’t care how much fuel you use, but how much exhaust emissions your vehicle produces.
The authorities don't care what your exhaust breathes out. They only care how much income they have from fossile fuels. They pretend to care about the environment, and because of the pressure of Europe and the world, they join the green parties.
And now they are feeling a great loss in income from not being able to tax electrical vehicles.
If they cared about the environment, they would forbid all sorts of motorised vehicles, because mining metals for the batteries is a massive destruction of the earth, just not in our back yard, so we don't care.

It's all pretending to care, nothing more.

Multimeter can give a guide, check voltage off load then see what it drops to when starter engaged.
A Battery Tester is required to see how much life is left but a 24 hour charge followed by a test is the only way to find out if your battery is in need of replacing.

If the battery is over 3 years old it can be safer to replace rather than get caught out again.
I take issue with your 3 years battery life - when my battery died it was found to be he original one which was 7 years old!

CO2, NOX, SO2, soot, dust particles, ...
Anything more you need?
Most NOx is removed, in Euro 6 engines, by Adblue, SOx can be minimised by using high grade clean diesel and most of the particulates are removed by the exhaust filter. What is not removed in any vehicle I know of is the brake dust and rubber dust from tyres. Both these are harmful.

I take issue with your 3 years battery life - when my battery died it was found to be he original one which was 7 years old!
Most vehicle batteries have a 3 or 4 yr warranty for a reason.....

Most NOx is removed, in Euro 6 engines, by Adblue, SOx can be minimised by using high grade clean diesel and most of the particulates are removed by the exhaust filter. What is not removed in any vehicle I know of is the brake dust and rubber dust from tyres. Both these are harmful.
I know what AdBlue does, but that is just another chemical burning, so other harmful gasses get out of your exhaust, they don't want to know about right now.

And as I use less diesel when travelling than the old NEDC, I will also have less CO2 and other gasses than one who consumes more diesel.

Good luck finding yourself a "California" where you have the same, or let's say more freedom to travel like you do now with "bad" non-bio fuel.
Don't forget that that bio in your B7 isn't that bio, considering the demolishing of precious nature for growing infertilizating plants for your bio.

Bio isn't that bio.

And as Belgium is planning to ban second hand ICE vehicles in the very near future, I will keep on burning fossilized plants and organisms from the past, that contains a lot of CO2 and other gasses from long time ago. In fact, burning fossile fuel is more CO2 neutral than burning plants that didn't take up that much CO2 before they were being cropped. And this in the first EURO 5 engine from the T5.1 (october 2009, long before it was obligatory to have EURO 5 engines in commercial vehicles, and no, I don't have cheat software in my California!).

And that is all I want to add in this conversation, because this is going nowhere.

I know what AdBlue does, but that is just another chemical burning, so other harmful gasses get out of your exhaust, they don't want to know about right now.

And as I use less diesel when travelling than the old NEDC, I will also have less CO2 and other gasses than one who consumes more diesel.

Good luck finding yourself a "California" where you have the same, or let's say more freedom to travel like you do now with "bad" non-bio fuel.
Don't forget that that bio in your B7 isn't that bio, considering the demolishing of precious nature for growing infertilizating plants for your bio.

Bio isn't that bio.

And as Belgium is planning to ban second hand ICE vehicles in the very near future, I will keep on burning fossilized plants and organisms from the past, that contains a lot of CO2 and other gasses from long time ago. In fact, burning fossile fuel is more CO2 neutral than burning plants that didn't take up that much CO2 before they were being cropped. And this in the first EURO 5 engine from the T5.1 (october 2009, long before it was obligatory to have EURO 5 engines in commercial vehicles, and no, I don't have cheat software in my California!).

And that is all I want to add in this conversation, because this is going nowhere.
Not quite sure what the message is here, whatever?

A note on the Adblue comment. Adblue is not "burnt" as there is nothing to burn - Adblue is water + urea. On injection into the hot exhaust gases the water evaporates, the urea thermally decomposes into ammonia, more water and carbon dioxide. The ammonia reacts with any nitrogen oxides to produce more water and nitrogen gas. So what comes out of the tail pipe on the Adblue side of things is water, nitrogen and carbon dioxide rather than oxides of nitrogen which in the presence of water turn to nitric and nitrous acids.