Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Flexible reading light broken

W

walkeryul

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Our flexible reading light has shirred off from base. I have checked posts but can't see one specifically to help us. we live near Bristol and wonder if anyone knows of VW dealership we can go to that would be able to fit and supply a new reading light, We don't mind too much having a go ourselves with fitting but would like to know specific part? We have a 2012 California.

Blimey. Yours lasted that long. Think mine, in a 2015, lasted 18months before it went and was upgraded to the newer one which is still going strong.

Blimey. Yours lasted that long. Think mine, in a 2015, lasted 18months before it went and was upgraded to the newer one which is still going strong.
You call that long?
Mine is from november 2009. Still working. Still the original light bulb too. As are all the other light bulbs on my van.

Its the fixing to the van.... the newer one is strengthened / improved.

I use one of these in the 12v cigarette lighter socket upstairs or in the dash:

OSRAM Onyx Copilot M-7, Flexible LED Light for car interior, warm white, connected via the cigarette lighter, folding box (1 piece)​

Just fitted one of these.
OSRAM COPILOT ONYX L+7
Note it’s the L+7

Slightly shorter than the original one, but led.
Holes line up as a direct swop on my 2008 Cali.
Less than £30 on Amazon.

When fitting the old connecting wires dropped into the void, but this can be easily got to via removing the B pillar trim.

image.jpg

You call that long?
Mine is from november 2009. Still working. Still the original light bulb too. As are all the other light bulbs on my van.
I'd better not said anything here.
On night one of my current holiday, about 14 days ago, my light didn't work. The light bulb had given up between the last use on my previous trip and this one. Had to get to the Super U in Bonny-sur-Loire (France) and buy a set of 2 for about €1. They were just normal bulbs, no halogen, and only 4Watt instead of 5W halogen. They are a bit less bright, but it's more handy with than without light upstears at night.

Back