Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Floor Channel Fixing?

P

Paul

VIP Member
Hi Folks,

Does anybody know of any fixings that will allow me to fix something to the sliding seat channels in the Cali? I've seen some tie down bolts but need something that will lie flush with a flat surface.

Cheers

P

Ok guys,

Anybody have any idea of the thickness of the Cali sub floor? I can see its timber but can't get at it to see the thickness. Im looking to fix a sliding cargo tray the full width and depth of the Cali boot and need a very secure fixing. Any ideas welcome.

I dont think fixing to the floor channels is going to work as they are to one side and not long enough.

Cheers

Paul

I have designed and manufactured some very substantial fixings for the Cali/Caravelle floor rails. These install through the removeable end plastics on the rails and will slide along and lock into any position up and down the rails. They can have tie down points attached to the top of them which enable you to strap many things down to the rails securely. People use them to secure bikes, motorbikes, prams, wheelchairs or just to lash down heavy loads.
I don't advertise them as someone will just copy them and I have put a lot of time and effort into them! They are cnc machined and expensive to make, so are priced at £80 each which gives me a modest profit.
If anyone needs more info/pics please contact me.
Colin
VW Transporters ltd
07799 626310

Thanks for your reply mate, sounds good, I'll bare it in mind[album][album][/album][/album]. I've managed to make some "home made toggle bolts" to fit the channels, using mild steel plate and M10 machine screws.

The result is in the images attached, seems to work and the sliders are rated for 90kg, Stole the idea from one of the German forums. Needs some more finishing work before I go for Mk2 :)

Cheers[album]457[/album][album]456[/album][album]455[/album]

Back