Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for something like this... Dog Fixing

YorkshireHeathen

YorkshireHeathen

[album]301[/album]

Lashing Plate: Art. No. 7H0 071 799 A

I found this in a 2009 foreign VW accessories brochure and it looks like it might fit the Cali floor rail. I'm looking for something like this to create a dog safety harness fixing point on the floor, to keep the mutts safe without plugging them into the seat belts on the rear bench. I reckon if they are plugged into the seat belts then the straps to their harnesses could chafe the rear seat and that would cause me to have a panic attack. If I could get my hands on a cleat arrangement like this I could hook them up in the living area (I will mostly be using the roof bed so I don't mind if the rear seat has to stay put most of the time).

Tried at the local VW dealer but they say its not available here. Anything similar would do I guess. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Looking for something like this...

Alex or Steve at SMG will most likely be able to advise.

I found some on eBay when I searched just then and from what I saw I'd say sit down before you ask.

There is a 3rd party alternative that has previously been posted here, again in the EU, but for a more reasonable price. I'll try to remember some details which may help me find the post.

Stu,

Thank you so much!! That's great help and I will try to communicate with them with no knowledge of German and see how I get on!

On a separate note, they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - so further kudos is yours, because I just copied you and got a Berghaus print screen cover from Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers just like yours and it arrived this morning. Picking up my grey Berg next Wednesday. Can't wait!!

:thanks

Paul

Keep us posted with how it goes Paul.

If you use Google Chrome browser it will auto translate for you if that helps.

The screen cover is great and I'm sure you'll agree, money well spent. It does fold nicely and fit inside one of the folded chairs in the tailgate.

Are you having an 01 September delivery?? Could be the only 62 plate Berghaus in town as I think they'll be mostly sold by now. :thumb

Cheers Stu,

Managed to get it sorted with google translate.

I (hope I) just ordered a set of 4 of the lashing eye kits...I need 2 but I thought it would be pretty easy to shift the other two if anyone on here wants them...otherwise I think they might come in handy for the boot. It was a bit confusing (for me anyway) trying to order the separate components and update the basket so I went for the bundle of 4.

My Berg was preregistered three months ago so that I'd qualify for a 'Demo Vehicle' discount so it's a 12 plate. Nice discount and it's still only got 20 miles on it because the dealer had another 'demo' and kindly left mine sat in their compound until pick up next Wednesday. I popped in this week to pay for it and collected the manual to swot up on how to operate everything - you are right about the rarity of 62 plates because they did say there were no more Berghaus ones left.

If anyone is any doubt about how brilliantly useful this forum is for expert info, let this post be yet another endorsement of how good it is. Thanks again Stu for the fast and extremely helpful response.

:thanks :barmy :thanks

Paul

Do you know what the cost is going to be per pair?

Helping is no problem, that's the aim of the game and I'm pleased to have been able to :thumb

I should have made it clearer...I will have two available if you (Stu, you have to get first shout mate as a finders favour!) or anyone else wants them for the same as they cost me (assuming they work OK) as I only need two myself, one for each Dog. I'll re-post with a photo if they fit OK in due course...

:D

I really can't take the credit for finding them mate, someone else already posted them.

Quite interested to see how you get on with them.

Worked out well as a method for securing the dogs and keeping them from the cab and seats...

Installation pretty straightforward. Quality of the powder coating on the base plates not the best but acceptable. With the D Rings folded flat they don't stick up too much with the floor mats in place and they are quite stiff so I think they should stay down...

Lashing Point Closed.jpg Lashing Point Open.jpg

And here is 'Dodger' waiting for the strap adjusting....and 'Charlie' wondering where's his?...

Dodger & Charlie Cali.jpg

Great Picture the look on your dogs Faces :?

John

I think they are as shocked as me that we now have the Cali! Dodger says: "What have you done with the smelly old Passat? Why do I have to stay on the floor?"

Picked it up yesterday. What an amazing bus! :barmy

Paul

The dog fixing on the track looks good and i suppose it wouldn't take long to take it off otherwise i could see a toe or two being stubbed. i have seat belt clips which gives them enough room to move on the seat ,but keeps them out the way when we stop for anything ,safety of course and when we first pitch up they are not in the way :D

Hi Paul

I'll take the other two if you'll stick them in an envelope and post them to me?

PM me your PayPal address and I'll sort it out.

Cheers

Gary

Cheers Gary,

I sent you photos of the powder coating quality today so let me know if they are OK.

Paul

Payment sent. Spot on. Cheers Paul. These will definately come in handy.

Gary

D Ring to fit on Cali rails

When at the COTF we were talking to someone about these, and he said he got them on line, we want a D ring to keep the dog secure so he does not jump out the van when the door is open. It needs to be strong as he is a big powerful dog, I am presuming that the rails would be able to take this sort of use with out damage?.
Where do you get these as have been told the cali has different rails to the Crafter, and Caravel so not a VW product.

Re: D Ring to fit on Cali rails

I made my own using a d ring. I made an aluminium spacer to fit under the rail and bolted it down.

mMuo5dgrtS63UOus6VPbexA.jpg

That does not look to hard to make Kevin, am I right in thinking that the rails are very strong and would withstand what the dog my throw at it, I know the rails are designed to hold the seat, but this would be just the one point of pressure.

Yes good and strong. make sure the spacer is the width of the rail and sitting under the steel
Part not the aluminium part.if you remove the two little flaps in the rail you will see what I mean :thumb

Thanks Kevin, yes removed them last week to clear out the sand that had got in there from the dog, there must be a knack of putting them back in. The second one is always a bugger to get back is there a secret to it.

I'm not too sure on mine I lost the little spring clips so they go back easy now :thumb