Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fly Screen fitting

Gina-B

Gina-B

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello all. Hope you've all had a great summer in your vehicles.

Can anyone help with this: I have a new Ocean 6.1 and a couple of fly screens came with it. They are for the side sliding windows I think. Does anyone know how they are fitted onto the open windows please. I've tried and tried but, although I'm fairly good with spacial things, I just can't figure it out. So, before I Frisbee them across the drive, can anyone out there help? Thanks.

on the T6 you slot it into the window before you open it and then slide it into place as you open the window so they pass each other

I struggled with mine too - and most of the videos/instructions seem to refer to a previous version (and the 6.1 MY2021 manual/supplement that I had wasn't helpful). It's hard to describe but you have to try to slide the back edge through the window from the inside at a steep angle (but not between the two sliding sections and then bring it forward and try to get it all to line up - I got to the point where I could manage it most of the time, but never very quickly.

I basically gave them up as a bad job pretty quickly and bought the Jerba ones which are incredibly easy to fit and designed to be midge proof - they have been superb during a very midgey summer in Scotland and I was able to fit them in seconds when there were swarms outside the van. Probably not what you wanted as an answer - but I haven't regretted shelling out for alternative screens.

I struggled with mine too - and most of the videos/instructions seem to refer to a previous version (and the 6.1 MY2021 manual/supplement that I had wasn't helpful). It's hard to describe but you have to try to slide the back edge through the window from the inside at a steep angle (but not between the two sliding sections and then bring it forward and try to get it all to line up - I got to the point where I could manage it most of the time, but never very quickly.

I basically gave them up as a bad job pretty quickly and bought the Jerba ones which are incredibly easy to fit and designed to be midge proof - they have been superb during a very midgey summer in Scotland and I was able to fit them in seconds when there were swarms outside the van. Probably not what you wanted as an answer - but I haven't regretted shelling out for alternative screens.
Will give it a go, thanks. Glad I'm not the only one! G

Back