Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Foam Lance

Hi all,

The foam lance looks interesting. I note that someone recommends one called PB Foam Lance and Meguiars Hyper wash.

In the past I have just washed my car with a bucket of soppy water but I am taking the whole thing more seriously with the cali.

So my question is, to save money, is there anything wrong with buying the Karcher ones such as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KARCHER-SNOW- ... 3f19a327d9.

Is the PB one that much better? I will pay it if it is that good but as much as I want to improve my car washing skills, there is still a limit to how far I take it.

Also, I bought some Autoglym wash. Do I use that after I have snowed the car and rinsed off? Or can I even use the autoglym to do the foaming? Sorry for being dumb but as I say, my experience up until now has just been a soapy wash and hose off.

Finally, someone at a VW place told me the polished theirs with a boat polish. He named it and I have forgotten what it is called (can email him to remind me) but he said that because it had better water resistance it was awesome for cars. Anyone heard of doing this?

The foam lance in the first post has ability to control amount of foam mixed with water & increase jet width. Your link has no control & has a very small reservoir.

Snow foam first then wash with two buckets & lambs wool mitt. Some folk put some soap in with snow foam.

keacal2705 said:
Hi all,

The foam lance looks interesting. I note that someone recommends one called PB Foam Lance and Meguiars Hyper wash.

In the past I have just washed my car with a bucket of soppy water but I am taking the whole thing more seriously with the cali.

So my question is, to save money, is there anything wrong with buying the Karcher ones such as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KARCHER-SNOW- ... 3f19a327d9.

Is the PB one that much better? I will pay it if it is that good but as much as I want to improve my car washing skills, there is still a limit to how far I take it.

Also, I bought some Autoglym wash. Do I use that after I have snowed the car and rinsed off? Or can I even use the autoglym to do the foaming? Sorry for being dumb but as I say, my experience up until now has just been a soapy wash and hose off.

Finally, someone at a VW place told me the polished theirs with a boat polish. He named it and I have forgotten what it is called (can email him to remind me) but he said that because it had better water resistance it was awesome for cars. Anyone heard of doing this?

I would highly recommend PolishedBliss, their advice and products. I have been using them for several years and they have a weath of advise and experience all available on their website, guides to washing, polishing etc. if you email them the specific colour of your vehicle they will even recommend specific products to get the best shine given the colour and finish.

I am not linked to these guys other than being a very happy customer that is more than eager to recommend them to others.

I used to wash my cars with average car shampoo but have been converted to the two bucket method for washing, an annual Claying, polishing, detailing and waxing treatment for our cars. I haven't got or used a foam lance yet, but it's on my wish list!

I am a bit OCD though :rofl

I've bought a few bits from Polished Bliss - they are indeed a good outfit.

Talking of which, after 1400 miles to Mull and back, our van is looking a wee bit mucky... :lol:

Back