Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Folding mirror won’t automate

Famtrev

Famtrev

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi all and Happy Christmas. We have just taken delivery of our new Cali Beach Camper. I specced it with folding mirrors. I can get them to fold manually but they won’t fold when I lock the doors. In the infotainment settings the option is selected so I have no idea what’s wrong - any suggestions ?

Photos show how I have the mirror controls set
IMG_2570.jpeg

IMG_2571.jpeg

If you can borrow or buy a Carista dongle you should be able to set it to actually fold when you lock without the need to hold the button, just a single click to lock. It also allows you to set the dash to show a large numeric speed display in mph.
Seems strange that your settings actually allow you to tick “automatically fold” but it doesn’t seem to save the setting.

Have have a dongle for our other car so will give it a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can borrow or buy a Carista dongle you should be able to set it to actually fold when you lock without the need to hold the button, just a single click to lock. It also allows you to set the dash to show a large numeric speed display in mph.
Seems strange that your settings actually allow you to tick “automatically fold” but it doesn’t seem to save the setting.

Same with mine Beach. I have that option ticked on in the settings but mirrors fold only when button is pressed and hold. Dealer says it’s standard behaviour.

I havent tried what happens when press&hold without option selected tough.

This subject has come up a few times on threads, and it’s often mentioned that the Carista / ODB2 menu options could/should allow folding the mirrors on one short ‘lock’ press. I don’t recall anyone saying they’ve actually done this and it had the desired result. Might have missed it though.

This subject has come up a few times on threads, and it’s often mentioned that the Carista / ODB2 menu options could/should allow folding the mirrors on one short ‘lock’ press. I don’t recall anyone saying they’ve actually done this and it had the desired result. Might have missed it though.
I’ve done this and it does have the desired effect. They still only unfold on starting the engine and not on unlock so you still can’t use the folded mirrors as confirmation the van is locked (which is what some people would like).

I’ve done it :)

I have …. Mirrors fold on one click and large mph display on dash were the 2 Carista tweaks.

I did...... but after a while changed it back due to ice in the works when really really cold....... I just use the long key press now if needed :)

I can confirm that this works !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk