Four in a bed

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
If you have to have four in your Beach bed because you need to close your roof, the least uncomfortable configuration is two either end.

We’ve not tested all such arrangements, but parents one end on the outside and children the other end on the inside works.

Any other thoughts?

If we have to close our roof then that is our plan too. The dog will have to move onto the floor - not sure she’ll be too happy about that!

If we have to close our roof then that is our plan too. The dog will have to move onto the floor - not sure she’ll be too happy about that!
The bigger issue is finding a place for all the detritus that usually goes in the awning, and the awning itself.

Child seats can go in the passenger footwell and on the passenger seat, awning on the driver's seat, fridge behind the passenger seat, shoe/boot trays behind the driver's seat - dog in the driver's footwell (she's genuinely content there).

We were in a big storm in 2018 and all ended up downstairs (2 adults, 2 kids). I'm not sure of our exact positions but we all got a decent nights sleep anyway :) Definitely an advantage of the Beach with it's wide bed.

I can barely imagine the horror of two people in our 114cm wide SE bed, never mind 4. I think I would end up either in the driver's seat, or outside underneath...

....and the little one said “roll over, roll over”, so they all rolled over and one fell out.

There were three in a bed.............

I can barely imagine the horror of two people in our 114cm wide SE bed, never mind 4. I think I would end up either in the driver's seat, or outside underneath...
I can barely imagine the horror of two people in our 114cm wide SE bed...

What horror? We only use that bed and it is fine.

I'm usually on my own in the van but when my husband does come we sleep downstairs as neither of us is able enough to climb into the roof, and we never sleep very well.

Ha, we had to do that for two nights in Cornwall last year. Two adults and a 6 and 4 year old.
We tried sleeping 4 of us in a line but then I slept like a dog across the bottom of the bed to give everybody more room.
It was .... ok
We nearly booked a hotel for a couple of nights when we saw the forecast but I contacted kyham to ask how there awning would stand up in 60mph winds and they said it would be ok.

We were caught out on Harris last year. I have fond memories trying to put away the awning in storm force winds at 3am. Porta potti vanished over the hill! We thought the pop top would be ok but the kids were wide awake due to the rocking and the flexing of the roof was disconcerting....... We fashioned a bed across the front seats with the awning panels/walking gear and managed to sleep all 4 of us down stairs in our ocean. Was an adventure, kids loved it!

We were caught out on Harris last year. I have fond memories trying to put away the awning in storm force winds at 3am. Porta potti vanished over the hill! We thought the pop top would be ok but the kids were wide awake due to the rocking and the flexing of the roof was disconcerting....... We fashioned a bed across the front seats with the awning panels/walking gear and managed to sleep all 4 of us down stairs in our ocean. Was an adventure, kids loved it!
Sounds exciting. In years to come veryone will have forgotten the trips where everything went smoothly but where things go wrong, they are the one's that are remembered. The 'Harris Incident' will be talked about, forever.

The worst night’s sleep I think I ever had was sobering up in a police cell after being arrested for cycling while drunk. Unpleasant at the time, it is perhaps the most memorable experience of my university days.

And just to complete the story, I defended my actions in court and was found innocent of all accusations.

The worst night’s sleep I think I ever had was sobering up in a police cell after being arrested for cycling while drunk. Unpleasant at the time, it is perhaps the most memorable experience of my university days.

And just to complete the story, I defended my actions in court and was found innocent of all accusations.
You were found not guilty. There is no finding of ‘innocent ‘ :thumb

I'm usually on my own in the van but when my husband does come we sleep downstairs as neither of us is able enough to climb into the roof, and we never sleep very well.
I love sleeping up top, BG, but we did need to buy a ladder!

Sometimes we’re so busy with the nitty gritty, we forget we’re making memories.

Back