Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

7 Seater Questions

I was thinking the same thing kave! Can an adult sit upright in a 3 seater whilst the bed is in position and roof not extended? I'm sure you can sit up in a 2 seater bed?!

I was thinking the same thing kave! Can an adult sit upright in a 3 seater whilst the bed is in position and roof not extended? I'm sure you can sit up in a 2 seater bed?!
Oh yes, you can, or at least I can do that easily (I'm 1m82). I never found the available space too limited. It is definitely more than in many campers or high-top vans where you have to squeeze in a small opening.
In fact it's a good thing that the bed is higher, much more stuff can be stored underneath the bed.
For us the 3 seater was the obvious choice as we have 3 kids, but if I have only two, I would've taken the same. 4 seats is simply not enough, the van is much more flexible with three seater. Too install a kitchen pod, the 2 seater is the better choice though...

Great and thank you for your answer, I am now leaning to a three seater. But, I have read here that the 3 bench can't be moved back and forward as the two seater? Sounds like it should be the other way around? I would guess the three seater would be the best cargo van?

Is it possible to take a measurement from bed to roof?

Great and thank you for your answer, I am now leaning to a three seater. But, I have read here that the 3 bench can't be moved back and forward as the two seater? Sounds like it should be the other way around? I would guess the three seater would be the best cargo van?

Is it possible to take a measurement from bed to roof?
The three seater bench can be moved back and forward. You can even move it so far back (with multiflex removed) that the headrests are almost touching the back glass. In front most position you have a gigantic booth.
It's about 78cm from the top of the bench to the ceiling, except near the edges, where it's up 10 cm less.
Substract from that 78cm the thickness of your mattrass topper (we use an Ikea one of 5 or 6cm, works perfectly)

zeratu: Thank you very much. Any ideas on how to keep items in boot from smashing into the passengers in an eventual crash? :)

zeratu: Thank you very much. Any ideas on how to keep items in boot from smashing into the passengers in an eventual crash? :)
I must say I'm still a cali newbe.. but I've seen most people store folded mattress, pillows, sleeping bags, etc on top of the multiflex board (and so do we) .. those don't hurt much if they would crash into you. Then again there are the headrests protecting the back of your heads as well.

Hi

I have gone yellow and kutamo - the dealer said it was the right combination and smart. have a look at this

You might see a snippet in the brochure
I found this on a Multivan in Germany, the ad says it is Kutamo Black Moonrock.
VW-Multivan-TDI-Start-L-Ed-A-2585238-4-1.jpg

Oh yes, you can, or at least I can do that easily (I'm 1m82). I never found the available space too limited. It is definitely more than in many campers or high-top vans where you have to squeeze in a small opening.
In fact it's a good thing that the bed is higher, much more stuff can be stored underneath the bed.
For us the 3 seater was the obvious choice as we have 3 kids, but if I have only two, I would've taken the same. 4 seats is simply not enough, the van is much more flexible with three seater. Too install a kitchen pod, the 2 seater is the better choice though...
... Ahhh invaluable advice. Really appreciate the measurements, has put my mind at ease. I'm of similar height so I should be okay with the 3seater bench.

And thanks for the photos of the Kutamo interior.. Has helped a lot.

Cheers

Anyone else not loving the big 'hole'in the dash that is standard now on the new Beach?! And the up-grade (TBC) option is the shiny Ocean dash. Why a dash in the same interior isn't an offer is beyond me! Or am I alone on this one?

Kano - I am also not a fan of the standard T6 beach dash - a cost cutting to far when you consider the cost of these vans!

Oh and you have to fold the backrest down on the T5 beach to move the rear seat which is not that elegant. I think thay have added some tabs in the T6 to allow movement without folding.

Yep Bigted...exactly my thoughts! At 40k plus a cover would be nice! Just imagining bits thrown in and on show making the 'hole' dash look messy. Not to mention stuff rolling about as you drive!
Oh yeah and security..

It would dive me and my 'tidy' OCD mad!!

also the old glovebox was removable which gave access to the internal dash space making it nice and easy to run cables etc .... hope the hole is removable to ..... if you catch my drift ;)

Glad I've got the old fashioned T5 dash!

Hi

I have gone yellow and kutamo - the dealer said it was the right combination and smart. have a look at this

http://www.volkswagen-commercial-ve...ditions/rendition.file/the-new-california.pdf

You might see a snippet in the brochure

Just noticed on p22 of this brochure that the 230V external charging point is only shown as standard on the Coast & Ocean - not on the Beach. Cant imagine camping without it - is it now an extra??? hope its not undercover costcutting!

Just noticed on p22 of this brochure that the 230V external charging point is only shown as standard on the Coast & Ocean - not on the Beach. Cant imagine camping without it - is it now an extra??? hope its not undercover costcutting!
Hi Nicholas - i believe it is standard on the UK Beach in T6 spec - it was standard on the T5 a couple of years ago. Not sure where it is tho ?.

Yep Bigted...exactly my thoughts! At 40k plus a cover would be nice! Just imagining bits thrown in and on show making the 'hole' dash look messy. Not to mention stuff rolling about as you drive!
Oh yeah and security..
Totally agree BUT there is now the option of a comfort dash upgrade which may well bring the beach dash up to the ocean spec. However, no one at VW is entirely sure what exactly it is or what it costs. Includes climatronic so won't be cheap.

Totally agree BUT there is now the option of a comfort dash upgrade which may well bring the beach dash up to the ocean spec. However, no one at VW is entirely sure what exactly it is or what it costs. Includes climatronic so won't be cheap.
I tried to order this when I placed my T6 beach order in September as I'd seen it in spec lists, but the dealer wasn't able to order it - he kept an eye open and would have spec changed it if possible, but my beach has been built this week without the upgrade - just looking forward to taking delivery now.

Hello all. Realise this is quite an old thread but...

There doesn't seem to be a 2 seat option without the chest.

Does anyone know if the chest can be removed from the 2 seater beach in order so that I could move the 2 seats to the other side of the van?

The logic hear is.. I only want 2 seats and to have them on the passenger side of the van to make better use of the table while giving walk through access to the back of the van. For the same reason I'm also not too interested in the rear shelf / bed extender.

Many thanks!

no the 2 seater bench can't be put on the other side although it can be adapted to fit.

Back