Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Freezer

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi

I have a new T6.1 Ocean and whilst it is an amazing bit of kit, the lack of a small freezer space is disappointing. Does anyone know if there is anyway of achieving this ?

You'd have to find one that you can connect to 12V if you want to use it while off grid, or driving.
Then it depends on where you want to sacrifice space.

as it is possible to make ice in the fridge (on lower settings when in contact with the base or side walls) you might want to run some experiments with fridge packing before investing

On previous longer trips, we take a duel power Engel freezer with us.
Mrs Loz makes up a few meals that we freeze and just move from the freezer to the fridge a day before we eat them.
I made a mounting plate to pick up on the rails.
Beware that good quality compressor fridge/freezers are not cheap. I also added a dedicated 12v outlet in the seat base to provide a 15A fused outlet (The freezer has a 10A fuse)

IMG_3661.jpegIMG_3664.jpeg

We purchased our from MPS Trading http://www.mps-trading.co.uk/

Hello Loz, great solution! Could you point me in the right direction for the screw mounting that holds the base panel to the floor rail please? (the black knob seen on your second photo)

Thanks.

Regards

Goss

Hello Loz, great solution! Could you point me in the right direction for the screw mounting that holds the base panel to the floor rail please? (the black knob seen on your second photo)

Thanks.

Regards

Goss
Its a VW part
Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 12.48.02.png

Back