Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

French motorway and VW Assist

altvic

altvic

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Friend with family towing a trailer with Volvo 130miles from Calais had blowout with no spare. 450€ to be towed off motorway and accommodation on top, plus having to replace two tyres they were told is law in france. Plus new ferry crossing costs.
This was arranged by Volvo Assist!
My question is does VW Assist offer the same awful package where all upfront costs are down to owner and then possibly try and recoup costs?
Thanks.

When on the péage you will only be towed away by the people from the autoroute service to a parking outside the péage . From there on it's your personal choise how to proceed.
This is on péage/toll roads only in France

Friend with family towing a trailer with Volvo 130miles from Calais had blowout with no spare. 450€ to be towed off motorway and accommodation on top, plus having to replace two tyres they were told is law in france. Plus new ferry crossing costs.
This was arranged by Volvo Assist!
My question is does VW Assist offer the same awful package where all upfront costs are down to owner and then possibly try and recoup costs?
Thanks.
In France, getting OFF the motorway is at your cost. See VW Assistance Handbook.
DAE8D674-1233-444B-961E-E902C9F6BEFE.jpeg

Cover is provided for Mechanical and Electrical Breakdowns. You pay for any Non-Warranty parts.

In France, getting OFF the motorway is at your cost. See VW Assistance Handbook.
Thanks WG, I didn't know that, just assumed it was covered.

View attachment 36844

Cover is provided for Mechanical and Electrical Breakdowns. You pay for any Non-Warranty parts.

The trouble is when things are going well for a long time and suddenly you are in a spot of bother with a failure at the side of the road or under time constraint eg. ferry crossings coming up. Wading through the manual and or forum can be time consuming.

What's your private number Welshgas ? I need to put it on speed dial on my Mob ;-) love your succinct and informative answers.

Back