Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Park assist and Rear traffic alert..

Simon1

Simon1

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Park assist and rear traffic alert have been removed from the VW GC configurator, does anyone know why? Has there been issues with it, or has it become standard? If ordering now you would just be told its not available with no additional info. These options are still on the latest VW price list so I don't what to think.

Hi Simon,

You know I ordered mine on June 1st here in Portugal and I did spec the park assist but a few weeks ago they call me to tell that I should change this option because it won’t be available until December as mine is scheduled for delivery in September I just accepted the change, they gave me a fair good discount though to apologize but I will really miss this feature, cheers.

Hi Simon,

You know I ordered mine on June 1st here in Portugal and I did spec the park assist but a few weeks ago they call me to tell that I should change this option because it won’t be available until December as mine is scheduled for delivery in September I just accepted the change, they gave me a fair good discount though to apologize but I will really miss this feature, cheers.
Sorry to hear that. It would be better if they could've given you an explanation about why its not available as its quite an important feature. If its a software issue or a hardware issue surely they could still fit it but leave it disabled for a future fix. But I can see why you still went ahead as waiting another 6 months would be very hard when you had been looking forward to your september date!

I believe it is because they updated and changed the NAV system model similar to the ones on VW cars or there is just a shortage of this part, the replacement they offer instead has everything that it is in the Park Assist package except the park assist itself, for your reference the Park Assist package code is 9X1 and the one they are offering instead is the 9X0

Yes waiting 4 months more just because of this didn't make sense to me, and what they offer to apologize was much more beneficial at the end which was the new part 9X0 for free, a 1000 euros discount and an extended guarantee from standard 2 years to 5 years, any update I will post here :)

Thanks for sharing!, that's more information than VW have given me, which was zero!
Think they are offering a 4 year warranty now as a promo so looks like they gave you an extra year on top of that as compensation.

Back