Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge Hinge - where to purchase a new one?

E

Ellen Bruce

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hello, My fridge hinge has just broken. Picture of the specific one attached. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could get a new one. I live in Switzerland so I guess Germany would be best as post is difficult at the moment. My local garage quoted 120CHF just for the part!!

I have followed the threads below but was unable to find what I was after.

I think to put it on, from what I can understand I need to take the fridge top off to get access. This doesn't seem too hard, but I've read I need to be careful not to drop washer/mis-thread etc.Fridge Hinge.jpg

And what exactly is broken? Doesn't it hold it's pressure anymore, or is the connection broken?

Not original, but might be of use:

If they are the same length and pressure (070N = 70 Newton), this might work if it's the strut itself that is broken.

I got one - an original - from Vw it cost about 11€

And what exactly is broken? Doesn't it hold it's pressure anymore, or is the connection broken?
I would say doesn't hold its pressure anymore. The black part of it is locked in place and doesn't slide in and out anymore. I don't know how it happened?

Seems quite a difference between a Swiss strut and a German?
It might be worth taking a look in Germany if you are allowed abroad?

have you tried reconnecting the strut ? they can feel like they're stuck when not connected to anything as a lot of leverage is needed to compress them.