Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge slide for under the multiflex

Rich20

Rich20

Living the dream
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
image.jpgSometimes we keep our Wasco CF35 fridge in the boot under the multiflex but it can be a pain to pull it out and open it properly. I looked into fridge slides but they are hard to come by and very expensive so I thought about building one. This is how I did it.

I am using 12mm Exterior ply, 2 x 35KG capacity underdrawer slides, 1 x VW multiflex clamp and a cam buckle strap.

This is the base that the fridge will sit on.
image.jpg

and with the drawer slides attached.
image.jpg image.jpg

Rich looks great.
We have just been away this weekend and the fridge has been a proper pain. We are used to having it fixed behind the passenger seat. But because there is now 3 of us, its taking up vital living space.

The boot would be the best option.

What I can't decide on is, do I make a full width sliding shelf for the entire boot or just a sliding system for the fridge.

Its a dilemma, as the full width job will cost quite a bit to do...???

Looking forward to the finished result here:thumb
Hows the Waeco, we currently have the VW coolbox, but am looking into another .

Last edited:
Here is the fixing and final assembly. I had to fit a small slide lock as the shelf had a tendency to slide back into the boot when on a slope.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Rich looks great.
We have just been away this weekend and the fridge has been a proper pain. We are used to having it fixed behind the passenger seat. But because there is now 3 of us, its taking up vital living space.

The boot would be the best option.

What I can't decide on is, do I make a full width sliding shelf for the entire boot or just a sliding system for the fridge.

Its a dilemma, as the full width job will cost quite a bit to do...???

Looking forward to the finished result here:thumb
Hows the Waeco, we currently have the VW toolbox, but am looking into another .
I did consider a slide shelf for the boot but I like to use the depth in different ways by moving the bench so it would have been to restrictive. The Waeco is great. Holds loads of food and 2 pint bottles of milk stand up in it. We have a smaller one as well for days out which sits between the front seats.

Nice work.
Not sure if you know, but you can get slides that lock in and out. That would get rid of the need for the slide bolt.

I understand what your saying with regards to having a full width sliding shelf. I still haven't made my mind up. Again like you, see there is an advantage and added flexibility of just sliding the fridge

Nice work.
Not sure if you know, but you can get slides that lock in and out. That would get rid of the need for the slide bolt.

I understand what your saying with regards to having a full width sliding shelf. I still haven't made my mind up. Again like you, see there is an advantage and added flexibility of just sliding the fridge
I didn't realise until I was testing that it was non locking. I should have checked when I bought. Lesson learnt. Good luck with you choice.

Back