Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front Bunk

No but have heard only good things about the Stiches and Steel products being very well made...

Haven't used one although looks like a neat idea. It would put more strain than I'd like onto the sun visor brackets but might be okay for a small child I guess.

How will you get into the roof with that in place?
Still looks a better bet than the cab bunk - we tried one of those & found it made getting in & out the roof nearly impossible & it always seemed in the way. With the youngest using it it meant that the person going to bed first effectively put the two most comfortable seats out of action.

Interesting... be good to hear from someone who has tried this product out. I don't understand how it works.

If it is supported by the seat bases it will be uncomfortable unless it has some clever/sizeable padding to fill in the shape of the seat bases. This would also make it front seat configuration specific.

If the weight is supported by the seat belt and sun visor hooks, are they strong enough and does it have some sort of reinforcement in the bed to retain the suspended area's lateral shape?

The products were originally designed for much older buses and are really only practical on vehicles without revolving cab seats...otherwise defeats point of having swivelling feature! I'd bed a little one down behind the back seats and sleep up top...unless you are trying to have 2 down and 2 up + a child - in which case investing in a proper side tent awning like a Vango Airbeam (other products are also available!) is probably much better...mind you we used to sleep 2 adults + 3 kids in a non elevating roof split for years!
My friends with a Cali and a small toddler use a travel cot downstairs and sleep up top...

How will you get into the roof with that in place?
Still looks a better bet than the cab bunk - we tried one of those & found it made getting in & out the roof nearly impossible & it always seemed in the way. With the youngest using it it meant that the person going to bed first effectively put the two most comfortable seats out of action.
I'm thinking we could put this bed up last thing before we go to bed..and then still use the front seats. Maybe I'll get one and see...
The products were originally designed for much older buses and are really only practical on vehicles without revolving cab seats...otherwise defeats point of having swivelling feature! I'd bed a little one down behind the back seats and sleep up top...unless you are trying to have 2 down and 2 up + a child - in which case investing in a proper side tent awning like a Vango Airbeam (other products are also available!) is probably much better...mind you we used to sleep 2 adults + 3 kids in a non elevating roof split for years!
My friends with a Cali and a small toddler use a travel cot downstairs and sleep up top...
Hi, Yes that's the conclusion I came to as well. I found a similar product on Ebay that specifically said it would only fit the bench style cab seats.
There are four of us so now just looking at travel cot options, as they get a bit older I hope they can both just sleep upstairs.