Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front fog light bulb removal California T6

Baronardup

Baronardup

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone, the front fog lights have failed (yep, I know they're not necessary :) ) and have removed the panels to access the bulbs, but no matter how much I try twisting the bulb/holder I can't remove them. Is there a knack to this?

On my T6 just twist the bulb and out it comes, the bulb holder is part of the lamp assembly and does not move. Remove the plug, grab the part where the plug fitted and twist.

Hi - sorry to wake this thread up but I think I'm having the same issue. On my 6.1 the bulb setup is slightly different to the pic above - it seems to have a clip attached to it's back. Crap pic attached. I haven't tried really forcing it yet as it's not clear if it's part of the unit or not - but has anyone come across this type yet, and how does it come off? Frustrating!!

IMG_20220128_161420~2.jpg

I thought the same very hard at first i bit more effort and it will twist off, replaced mine with LED fog light bulbs such nicer look.

I thought the same very hard at first i bit more effort and it will twist off, replaced mine with LED fog light bulbs such nicer look.
It looks like there's a little post stopping it from rotating any further anticlockwise though?

I've also got some LEDs to go in

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

All sorted now - it was different for each side but unplugging the bulb first was the key. (Push the tab down whilst pulling out he plug out)

On the off side, this enabled the bulb to twist past the projecting plastic piece (under yellow arrow in original posted pic) and come out as it should, on the near side there was no obstruction stopping it twisting, although there was a lot of stuff going on in there already...!
b4b26b39bc99dd0ad38fc372523ec5ae.jpg

One more post to close it off. Before and after shots - the difference as they say, is night and day! I'm not actually too bothered about the fog light use as I think they may be quite bright - but at least everything's the same colour now when the cornering light comes on.
84b16358a91be61a717cdaa805e177ca.jpg
91854f4bf4f6157334a6db8970f85222.jpg

Back