Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front grill on T6

Turns out they didn’t attach the divider between battery and engine bay which gets attached to top of grill. They had the cover for the ACC but forgot to fit, they have now correctly attached the loom and air temp sensor. The manager apologised but I said forgetting to put the cover on ACC is something you apologise for, but the rest is down to poor workmanship.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. Perhaps you should name this company so that they can be avoided by fellow Cali owners living in Aberdeenshire.

Here is the list of defects I had to go back with. Van currently getting Ceramic coating as previous application has now worn off (was booked couple of months before accident) so hopefully they confirm the paint quality is good. The garage that carried out the repairs was Ashgrove Body Motor Body in Elgin.
  1. Cover missing from ACC - now repaired
  2. Front grill missing screw, not secure - now repaired
  3. Plastic partition between battery and engine bay missing - now repaired
  4. Wind deflector fitted incorrectly not allowing window to close - now repaired
  5. Passenger door not opening from inside - now repaired
  6. Loom not secure - now repaired
  7. External air temp not secure - now repaired
  8. Dent not repaired on bonnet - still to be repaired. Dent removal company coming to house to remove small dent

View attachment 67343
Hard to tell from your picture angle. Do you have the plastic ring around the sensor fitted, as I see some metal shining on the underside of the sensor.

View attachment 67344
View attachment 67345
Something like part A?
I recently had my California Beach t6 back from repairs having hit a deer in France. Part a appears to be missing from around the radar. As mentioned mine had to be calibrated by VW SMG £200 but covered by ins. Praise were praise is due, Dinnages Haywardsheath did the repairs and a first class job customer services and all. I have previously written about this incident ins fiasco.

Back