Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW California Beach T6 recall

Star01

Star01

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all
I've purchased a 2016 VW California beach t6 in the last week...it was a demo model registered in March 2016. I have today received an email from the dealer stating that there is a recall for all VW California beach t6 models due to the passenger airbag. The email stated:
'In regards to all California Beach T6 models, there has been a recall that was released on Monday afternoon in regards to the passenger airbag. It is a fault where the passenger airbag is not folded correctly in the storage unit, which could mean that it might not inflate fully in the event of an accident. From the details that I have been told, it sounds like the factory are taking this as a precaution as it may not be faulty in every vehicle.'
I will be arranging a date to take the vehicle back to have the necessary work done.
I'm not sure if anyone else has been notified of this but if not is probably worth ringing your dealer to check.

Cheers

Not a sqeak from my dealer regarding our april registered t6. Do you know how invasive the repair is (or how many hours). God knows what rattles and other problems we will get if the dash has to come out.

I haven't had any further details from the dealer yet and I haven't pushed it as we're going away for a couple of weeks. However, I have your reservations about having the dash out etc the thought of having someone meddling with my beloved vehicle is sending shivers down my spine! I've had too many mechanics (or 'Master Technicians' as I'm being told they're called!....although it still doesn't give me confidence) meddle with previous vehicles which has caused more problems than the one it was taken in for! I will email the dealer again to get further details eg what exactly it entails and will update when I've heard!

I thought the passenger airbag is behind the plastic trim under the glove box. I wouldn't have thought that the dashboard would have to be removed to get to it. More likely accessed from below.

Ok thanks. That sounds less invasive which is a positive. I'll update again once I've spoke to the dealer.

Hi all
I've purchased a 2016 VW California beach t6 in the last week...it was a demo model registered in March 2016. I have today received an email from the dealer stating that there is a recall for all VW California beach t6 models due to the passenger airbag. The email stated:
'In regards to all California Beach T6 models, there has been a recall that was released on Monday afternoon in regards to the passenger airbag. It is a fault where the passenger airbag is not folded correctly in the storage unit, which could mean that it might not inflate fully in the event of an accident. From the details that I have been told, it sounds like the factory are taking this as a precaution as it may not be faulty in every vehicle.'
I will be arranging a date to take the vehicle back to have the necessary work done.
I'm not sure if anyone else has been notified of this but if not is probably worth ringing your dealer to check.

Cheers
My passenger airbag is replaced last week they called it 'action 69N7' I have T6 ocean deliverd feb 2016.

My passenger airbag is replaced last week they called it 'action 69N7' I have T6 ocean deliverd feb 2016.

Hi Roger. Was your vehicle recalled for this work specifically? Was it a long process etc

Any info much appreciated!

Hi Roger. Was your vehicle recalled for this work specifically? Was it a long process etc

Any info much appreciated!
It is a 2 hour job.. if the airbag arrives at the garage in time. Let me explain: the garage is not allowed to have the airbag on the shelf because of the explosives inside, so the airbag arrives 'just in time' on the day you take your cali to the garage. We needed two attempts before this went well. The first time we drove home without replacement, the second time it went well as planned. We got a replacement car during the job as it is a factory callback. Laws and regulations don't make things easy nowadays.

It is a 2 hour job.. if the airbag arrives at the garage in time. Let me explain: the garage is not allowed to have the airbag on the shelf because of the explosives inside, so the airbag arrives 'just in time' on the day you take your cali to the garage. We needed two attempts before this went well. The first time we drove home without replacement, the second time it went well as planned. We got a replacement car during the job as it is a factory callback. Laws and regulations don't make things easy nowadays.

You're right there regarding laws and regulations making things difficult!! I hope we get the timing right as it's at least two and a half hours drive (on a good day!) to the dealers so I don't want to be driving back without it being fixed! Thanks for your reply...

I asked our dealer yesterday if our T6 had any recalls against it and nothing showing so I wonder which models/ manufacturing dates? Hope not too many but at least it is a simple enough fix.

I'm not giving mine back.......

It took long enough to prise it from their hands ;)

Hi all

Cheers

Not sure why Maggs has disagreed with my post....just what I've been told by VW and some others on the forum seem to have been told this aswell.

Back