Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

fuel over fill

D

DirkSquareJaw

VIP Member
Half filled the tank last night and noticed the typical, 'Bus over fill stain' down the side.
Not just a dribble mind, a full on 2/3 inch wide stain the whole way down ?

Is this common.. I was slinging it about a bit on the way home :help

I dread to think what a full tank would do?

If it was full up and the cap was not on right / fully and you were "slinging" it around a bit may be but 1/2 full Were going around the corner on 2 wheels :shocked are we campervan owners or stunt drivers :hello

...ex caterham r400 man. I like to push a bit....still, I'm getting an av of 33mpg already (250 miles on't clock)
I'll give the two wheel thing a go :idea: Wonder if I can pull a bung with it :smile

I do love driving this thing and I thought I'd hate it.

I can think of one corner it may have sloshed. Down hill off camber job.. long, tightens.

Goodness young man! Sounds ever so reckless "slinging it around a bit"!

I have never spilled a drop. First I make sure that the cap is on tight. Secondly I drive ever so carefully, none of this "slinging it around" business.

Goodness, that would smudge my make up, difficult as it is to lean across the van to use that central make-up mirror in the middle. Thank goodness for cruise-control!

Well, I do have it booked for its first track day in April. I wonder how it'll go round Cadwell...can I launch it over the infamous hump?

I plan only to put a thimble of fuel in so nothing should slosh but my bowels :lol:

Perhaps we could organise a track meet and do slosh tests,mpg and fastest laps....

Back