Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Full Timers??

I like these posts. I was thinking moving job location with same company and as I use Cali for work 3 days (only vehicle) thought I'd rather sleep in it that waste money on digs, when other half gets job move we'll look at selling existing home and buying a wee place but the whole van thing has inspired to keep this new place small and simple and in a location with an angle on airbnb or renting out, then long term travel with 2 bikes and two sets hiking boots taken. Only practical issue seems to be laundry, how do folks get around this especially if doing sweaty hobbies?! I don't really want a bigger vehicle tbh.
I find carrying less stuff, and washing it regularly, rather than carrying around loads of dirty clothes, then not having enough space to dry them allIMG_1955.JPGIMG_1959.JPG

Looks as if you might need some scales????

Sorry that was for Jonathan!

I use these..... They seem to be popping-up at petrol station carparks, I've seen them in Ireland, and GB....

I've seen these in Europe - and read about them in US - but am yet to see one in England. Is that one in Belfast / NI? Not many launderettes around any more in general, I suppose these could pop up at petrol stations in the same way that they took over from Blockbusters!

Looks as if you might need some scales????

Sorry that was for Jonathan!

The machine on the left, Bay 1, is a tumble dryer.... £2 for a 20min cycle (or something like that.) The middle machine, Bay 2, is a washer, which has a max load of 18KG, whereas the washer on the right, Bay 3, has a max load of only 8KG, but costs half the price. The price on the washers is for a full cycle, and includes detergent etc.

Last edited:
I've seen these in Europe - and read about them in US - but am yet to see one in England. Is that one in Belfast / NI? Not many launderettes around any more in general, I suppose these could pop up at petrol stations in the same way that they took over from Blockbusters!

This particular one, is in Portadown, a town about 30miles South of Belfast.... I also recently used one at a services in Kenmare, on the Ring of Kerry.... I'm pretty sure I've seen them in Wales and Scotland.... However, my travels thru England recently have mainly only been on the M6, M40, M1, M25 and M20, I'm sure they'll appear, but not sure who the franchise is, or where they're based.... As I've see them in Asda carparks, and also Centra services... So there doesn't seem to be a correlation to any particular outlet.

They are a recent addition, they weren't here a year ago.

Last edited:

I've seen one of these in England, cannot for the life of me remember where

https://www.facebook.com/KISWash/

Seems there're certainly a few around though, and mostly in petrol stations!

This particular one, is in Portadown, a town about 30miles South of Belfast.... I also recently used one at a services in Kenmare, on the Ring of Kerry.... I'm pretty sure I've seen them in Wales and Scotland.... However, my travels thru England recently have mainly only been on the M6, M40, M1, M25 and M20, I'm sure they'll appear, but not sure who the franchise is, or where they're based.... As I've see them in Asda carparks, and also Centra services... So there doesn't seem to be a correlation to any particular outlet.

They are a recent addition, they weren't here a year ago.

Yes seen them in Ireland Jonathan, we used that one at Kenmare last year, was magic, need to get them in Scotland immediately :)

Yes seen them in Ireland Jonathan, we used that one at Kenmare last year, was magic, need to get them in Scotland immediately :)

The same Kenmare services also has a very clean & modern, coin-operated shower room. Loads of space inside, and completely private.

I've seen one of these in England, cannot for the life of me remember where

https://www.facebook.com/KISWash/

Seems there're certainly a few around though, and mostly in petrol stations!

You'd think they would put a location map, on their website! :headbang

http://www.kiswash.co.uk

Looks like some installed recently -

• Meredith Service Station Ipswich, Norwich Road, Ipswich, IP1 6JR
  • BP Garage Nem Petroleum Acton, 162-164 Horn Lane, Acton, London, W3 6PH
  • Ellis Llangefni, CHURCH STREET, LLANGEFNI, LL77 7DU
  • Ancaster Service STN, Willoughby Road, Ancaster, NG32 3RT
  • Berkeley Heath Motors, A38 Berkeley Heath, Gloucestershire, GL13 9ET
  • Texaco Pentwyn Cardiff, Pentwyn Road, CF23 7XH
  • Siop & Garej Morfa, LON TERFYN, MORFA NEFYN, LL53 6AP
  • Blakenhall Service STN Wolverhampton, 327 Dudley Road, Wolverhampton, WV2 3JY
  • Threeways Garage, Faenol Avenue, Abergele, LL22 7HT
  • Eastgate Retail Park, Willenhall Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 2HR
  • Midland Service Station Erdington, 288-298 Tyburn Road, Erdington, B24 8LY
  • Minehead Service Station, Towsend Road, Minehead, TA24 5RE
  • ESSO SERVICE STN CRANKHALL LANE WEDNESBURY, 111-113 CRAKHALL LANE, WEDNESBURY, WS10 0E

Seem to be rolling-out quite progressively.

Last edited:
I'll nip along and have a look at one of the above as it's in my town. Looks like they wandered along the north Wales coast, will be good for duvets! Tho there are launderettes around here...

So if you are a full timer how do you access fresh water?