Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Furry Walls

All California cupboards are aircraft grade aluminium,this waffle stuff you mentioned is this! Aluminium not plastic
Mostly for strength and lightness

All California cupboards are aircraft grade aluminium,this waffle stuff you mentioned is this! Aluminium not plastic
Mostly for strength and lightness
I wouldn’t want to fly in the aircraft that’s made of the stuff they make the California cupboards from ! Mine certainly are not made from aluminium let alone “aircraft grade aluminium “...

I wouldn’t want to fly in the aircraft that’s made of the stuff they make the California cupboards from ! Mine certainly are not made from aluminium let alone “aircraft grade aluminium “...
Lol

If yours are not made from aluminium it’s not a California.
If it is a California then it’s aluminium.

What Age of vehicle is that? my aluminium looking parts are plastic painted in a silver/aluminium looking colour,mine is a 2019 ocean..Ive heard others talking about aluminium parts ive only got plastic?
2019, definitely aluminium waffle.

That made me chuckle:

waffle [ˈwɒf(ə)l]​
VERB: BRITISH​
speak or write at length in a vague or trivial manner.​
"he waffled on about his aluminium"
I was thinking about my chocolate waffles when I wrote that, similar construction

I’ve personally not seen a conversion that comes close to the integrated fit and ingenious use of space that you get with a Cali. And it’s not just the furry walls. Don’t get me wrong, some are very nice, but they all the ones I’ve seen seem quite compromised in one way or another versus the Cali. The MB Marco Polo is similarly neat and well integrated, although MB missed a trick in copying the Cali storage of picnic seats in the tailgate and the aux heater control in the MP is a lot less integrated looking than on the Cali.

The only conversion I’ve seen that was really neat was a twin sliding door T6 converted using Cali interior, including the kitchen and full electro hydraulic roof (so basically a Cali copy). I presume the nearside sliding door was fixed in the permanently closed position. If not however, that would allow great access to the under kitchen units
The way the pop top “tent” on the MP cascades on closing is far superior to the California, westfalia came up with an excellent idea.

Back