Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommendations for best duvet

Muchos04

Muchos04

Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Hi all

We are a family of 4 (6.5 year old and 4.5 year old) and we’re looking for tips on best duvets for the camper. I sleep upstairs in the pop with my 6.5 year old and my wife sleeps downstairs with the 4.5 year old. At the moment it’s a bit of a mish mash to be honest. We have single kids duvet, furry throws and it’s all a bit of a nightmare trying to keep them over us at night. Likewise with the beds sheets so any tips on best bed ware I’d really welcome.

Thanks
Muchos04

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the temperature and there are a lot of things we looked at and plenty of recommendations will come but in the van for 3 seasons at least if you have a heater.
Look at this blue double Razai they fold down very small and we carry 2 of them thinner than a traditional quilt, and much more affordable than a lot of options.

Or on amazon
261-9446291-1723226

Last edited:
Hi all

We are a family of 4 (6.5 year old and 4.5 year old) and we’re looking for tips on best duvets for the camper. I sleep upstairs in the pop with my 6.5 year old and my wife sleeps downstairs with the 4.5 year old. At the moment it’s a bit of a mish mash to be honest. We have single kids duvet, furry throws and it’s all a bit of a nightmare trying to keep them over us at night. Likewise with the beds sheets so any tips on best bed ware I’d really welcome.

Thanks
Muchos04

Hi all

Thanks
Muchos04

Hey Muchos, We have the Duvalay Sleeping Bags, don't bother with anything else, they are, without doubt, the best & most comfortable solution.

Hi We have no little kids but take our Duvets from home, saves buying extra and yur already comfortable with them.

We use these, they are brilliant. Really comfy and versatile, and pack away in a reasonably sized bag. Can be used as 2 x separate duvets, a dble sleeping bag, 2 separate single sleeping bags. We carry 2 for the 4 of us; the kids tend to use them as single duvets or sleeping bags depending on whether they are sleeping in the awning or van, and we have the luxury of 2 dble duvets to sleep on or under up top - but plenty of options depending on the temperature and sleeping arrangements.

1599290447611.jpeg

We use the Brandrup fitted sheet for the top bed which stays in place very well. For downstairs bed we use a Zonesleep that fits nicely inside a single duvet cover and acts as a sheet. Whoever sleeps up top usually uses a sleeping bag and we use a double duvet on the pull out bed downstairs with a VW camper duvet cover!

We use these, they are brilliant. Really comfy and versatile, and pack away in a reasonably sized bag. Can be used as 2 x separate duvets, a dble sleeping bag, 2 separate single sleeping bags. We carry 2 for the 4 of us; the kids tend to use them as single duvets or sleeping bags depending on whether they are sleeping in the awning or van, and we have the luxury of 2 dble duvets to sleep on or under up top - but plenty of options depending on the temperature and sleeping arrangements.

View attachment 65585

Great thanks a mill. These look great!

View attachment 65585
I can’t imaging anything worse than being trapped in a sleeping bag with a child but I’m glad it works for you.

The best solution I have found is a wool topper in a single duvet cover that can be used up top or down below for a luxurious experience and a high quality double down duvet that packs into a sleeping bag stuff sack.

Lancashire Bedding Premium Comfort 13.5 Tog 100% Goose Down Duvet Quilt - Great for All Year Use -Single Double King Superking https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0753D1DVF/?tag=eliteelect-21

I'm watching this thread intensely.

We have a 23mo and another due in November - so i'm looking to futureproof the Mrs and I and our sleeping arrangements. Assuming we've got one with each of us (top vs bottom), we need something...survivable :D

I can’t imaging anything worse than being trapped in a sleeping bag with a child but I’m glad it works for you.
Not sure where you got that from, kids have their own duvet or single sleeping bag.

We have this:

The 3.5 tog stows in the roof, folded in half longways the roof closes easily.
The 7 tog is on our bed at home, but can come away with us.

If all four of us are camping the boys (6 & 5) prefer their own sleeping bags.
1599354302347.png1599354342647.png

In the summer we use a thin duvet or regular sleeping bags and top it off with an electric bedspread (the version that sits on top) in the winter, just for the pop top where it’s a bit colder. To keep things packable I have a bag about the same size as the rear comfort mattress and I fold things loosely and lay it all on the back shelf to keep everything clean and to keep it all in one place .. I don’t like the faff of stuffing everything into tiny sacks when we are away and all the bedding fits into the bag So it’s all in the same place when we want to set up again.
There‘s also such a thing as a camping blanket .. which works like a more packable duvet .. worth checking out.
The brand up bottom sheets are expensive but do fit well, so the top one stays in place all the time we are away and the bottom one talks a couple of secs so no probs there.

Last edited:
Not sure where you got that from, kids have their own duvet or single sleeping bag.
That makes more sense. I think I made the assumption because you linked to a double sleeping bag.

Back