Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuse box and fridge

BlueMoonCali59

BlueMoonCali59

Star
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I have a 180 se 2012 the manual says the fuse box is under the drivers seat - it isn't - but appears to be under passenger seat - need to change fuse on fridge which control panel says is malfunctioning - thoughts - is there a spare 10 am fuse anywhere

Also seems like it's hard to get at the fuse box under seat anybody have any useful ideas

Thanks

I have a 180 se 2012 the manual says the fuse box is under the drivers seat - it isn't - but appears to be under passenger seat - need to change fuse on fridge which control panel says is malfunctioning - thoughts - is there a spare 10 am fuse anywhere

Also seems like it's hard to get at the fuse box under seat anybody have any useful ideas

Thanks
Well the Fusebox would have been under the Drivers seat on a LHD. Just one of VW's little foibles.
Turn the Passenger seat round until pointing at kitchen. Then slide it towards the kitchen as much as you can. Fusebox exposed.
If you don't carry a spare fuse, easily available at most garages or Car shops.

Great thanks....hoping malfunction is just the fuse; watch this space

So sadly it wasn't the fuse that caused the fridge malfunction - anybody have other ideas - manual says call the dealer !

Hi, do you have an update on what the problem was. I ask because I went to put the fridge on today but got the flashing light on the control panel indicating "fridge malfunction".
Thanks

Here's what I tried

Diagnostic error code 3001 - cooler input error - folks on here thankfully we're able to translate as power failure on the input to fridge

Checked fuses all okay

Checked connections under fridge - by removing the circular panel on bottom left cupboard - it reveals fridge workings - at first nothing changed

Then pursued a failure of one of the cooler electronic parts - even contacted "penguin refrigeration" - very good company in Havant who offered to repair

On the day I took photos of fridge workings to send to Penguin I rechecked the connections nothing appeared lose but there was some micro movement - played around with connectors weirdly that seems to have fixed it

The connections are hard to reach and maybe not obviously loose but check throughly - I failed to do that first time round

There's still and error on the outside temperature control but at least fridge is working

Hope that helps

Here's what I tried

Diagnostic error code 3001 - cooler input error - folks on here thankfully we're able to translate as power failure on the input to fridge

Checked fuses all okay

Checked connections under fridge - by removing the circular panel on bottom left cupboard - it reveals fridge workings - at first nothing changed

Then pursued a failure of one of the cooler electronic parts - even contacted "penguin refrigeration" - very good company in Havant who offered to repair

On the day I took photos of fridge workings to send to Penguin I rechecked the connections nothing appeared lose but there was some micro movement - played around with connectors weirdly that seems to have fixed it

The connections are hard to reach and maybe not obviously loose but check throughly - I failed to do that first time round

There's still and error on the outside temperature control but at least fridge is working

Hope that helps
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

I had done a search and there are numerous problems/solutions recorded on here. The easiest thing to try was to turn the control unit off and on again (reboot) using the 1/0 button on the panel itself so I tried this first. Miraculously problem solved.

The fresh water tank was showing two thirds full on the panel at the time but was actually completely empty. We had been out for the day and I'd tried to put the fridge on just to keep the milk fresh then later found the water tank empty when trying to make a coffee. Perhaps I should have put 2 and 2 together and immediately blamed the control panel.

Anyway panic over, I don't need a new fridge and thanks again for you reply.