Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuses under T5 seat - access

D

Dick Jeffcoate

Fridge having stopped working and suspecting a blown fuse, I've been trying to get a decent look at the fuse panel under the front seat of our T5. Unhelpfully the manual says "other vehicle parts will have to be removed to gain access to the fuse box". It does not specify which parts. Can anyone tell me how to get at all the fuses in the under seat panel and which vehicle parts have to be removed to do this?

Hi dick if you rotate the seat and move it as far forward as you can this will allow better access to the fuses.you don't need to remove anything. It does help if you are able to stand on your head :thumb

Did you manage to fix the fridge? Mine has just gone on the fritz. again did the contortionist thing of checking the fuses. all fine. can hear a click of the fridge trying to start but it just switches off again. does this sound like your fault? if so how did you fix it?

Ours did a similar thing over Easter.

I solved it by turning the temp up to the highest number, which is the coldest temp, then switched it on again and it stayed on. Turned the temp back down to the 4 we usually use and all was OK.

Strange, as the fridge had been working faultlessly for 4 days before that, on and off hook-up.
Hoping it was having a funny turn and nothing more, but will be keeping an eye on it next time out.

Calikev said:
Hi dick if you rotate the seat and move it as far forward as you can this will allow better access to the fuses.you don't need to remove anything. It does help if you are able to stand on your head :thumb

I think rotating the seat through 90 degs and pushing it as far back in the runners as it will go gives the best access... you can get your hands in there and see what you're doing.

On the fridge side of things, might be worth checking what the fridge offset is on the control panel.

Oh and in cold weather, the temperature in the cupboards can be colder than the fridge and sometime it doesn't need to run ;) - Found this when the Nutella for the breakfast rolls was completely unspreadable :)