Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuse Help [FIXED]

Moakesy

Moakesy

Moakesy
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
First of all, must congratulate VW on putting the fuses in the most awkward place to get to....I'm far too big to be crawling in footwells!!

Now, I'll admit I've been a bit stupid, but due to the above, I was literally working in the dark. Whilst trying to get to the little fuse holder tool, I inadvertently removed the blue 15A fuse currently highlighted by arrow 3. Problem is, I'm not sure where it came from....although I've put it back in slot 3, this is a guess. It could have been in slot 1, 2 or 3.

I used the download section to try and work out where it might belong, the picture from @Loz being very helpful, but that picture doesn't show any 15A fuse in the location I think it came from.

Can anyone help guide me....currently I've put it in slot 3, and I can't notice anything not working, but don't feel lucky that I just happened to get it right first time. I'm 90% sure it will be slot 1, 2 or 3, but could be wrong.

(note: interior lights not working is the reason for me going in there initially, which I've successfully removed)

Fuses.jpg

I don't think the spare fuse positions will be powered so you could try a voltmeter across each of the positions you think it came from if its got 12v to it, it probably wants a fuse!

I was referring to spare fuse positions rather than spare fuses.

I think the trouble with these fuse lists is that they show the fuse allocations for every permutation of option! I reckon you are looking at page 13 part C and the fuse holder D, fuses D-SD1 to SD12. But trying to work out which ones missing is the challenge . Page 22 seems to be the list to look at.
The fuse positions that do not feed anything won't (I think) have power to them, so if say you check across fuse position SD1 and its 12volts then that is probably where your fuse came from if zero volts its a spare fuse position .

Here’s ours, just been out and took a photo.

Maybe that light brown section is somewhere to store spare fuses?
85746DAB-AEE3-4012-ACDF-8C2D01C09734.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for doing that. Really appreciated, especially as it's a pain in the backside to get to.

Can't see where that 15A came from though, so guess our vehicles must be very slightly different.
Yeah, can’t see anything missing on yours compared to mine, so maybe it’s just a spare fuse? Does that brown thing have any wires at the back?

I was referring to spare fuse positions rather than spare fuses.

I think the trouble with these fuse lists is that they show the fuse allocations for every permutation of option! I reckon you are looking at page 13 part C and the fuse holder D, fuses D-SD1 to SD12. But trying to work out which ones missing is the challenge . Page 22 seems to be the list to look at.
The fuse positions that do not feed anything won't (I think) have power to them, so if say you check across fuse position SD1 and its 12volts then that is probably where your fuse came from if zero volts its a spare fuse position .

I was looking at page 22/23. Looking at the list of 15A fuses, I'm wondering if it's fuse 5...the Electronically controlled damping unit. If that's the suspension thing, then I have that (the one with comfort/normal/sport mode). Might try and take it out, see if that light goes off, then put it back in again. Cheers

Hi so there are no spare fuses anymore all fuses in the fuse box are in use. Have a look at your fuse box or get your phone and take a picture if a fuse slot is meant to have a fuse in it there will be terminals on both sides of the fuse block one side is the buzz bar or power feed. The other side will be empty if not in use and will have a terminal pin in if there should be a fuse there.

All sorted now. Turns out it is the active suspension fuse...so 2 thing learned...

1) I now know the fuse for this
2) I really don't appreciate living in the footwell to do this.

Thanks for all the help...