Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuses?! Is there actually a fuse for the rear drivers side indicator bulb?? ‘cos I can’t find one!

gt_63

gt_63

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Context:
When indicating right the flashing light in the dash started flashing quickly and the indicator sound ‘clicked’ rapidly. Light bulb came on on dash
I pulled over and checked all lights and all was ok. Everything flashed as it should
I locked the vehicle but noticed the rear drivers side indicator did not flash as part of the locking sequence
I’ve removed the bulb but the element inside all looks good and not broken
I’m thinking it might be a fuse issue and not the bulb
Can anyone offer some advice ?
Thanks in advance
GT

It won't be be individually fused. Could of been a loose/corroded connection that is making it intermittent. I would put the hazards on and give everything a good wiggle and a fettle to see if you can disrupt it.

Context:
When indicating right the flashing light in the dash started flashing quickly and the indicator sound ‘clicked’ rapidly. Light bulb came on on dash
I pulled over and checked all lights and all was ok. Everything flashed as it should
I locked the vehicle but noticed the rear drivers side indicator did not flash as part of the locking sequence
I’ve removed the bulb but the element inside all looks good and not broken
I’m thinking it might be a fuse issue and not the bulb
Can anyone offer some advice ?
Thanks in advance
GT
These are generally not fuse issues but relay ones. If you can locate the relay that is making the sped up clicking sounds it may be that unit that requires replacing.

Edit - Read your post properly. If just the one bulb likely to be that. Even if looks ok would replace.

Last edited:
Fuse allocations are a carefully guarded VW secret that for some reason they don’t want to share!

Fuse allocations are a carefully guarded VW secret that for some reason they don’t want to share!
For OP - if you search @Loz posts they usual gleam some fuse location sectrets. I'd start with the obvious first, and replace the bulb, working backwards.

Thanks very much for your responses. Most kind of you to take the time and interest in helping

I took the easy option (wiggle and fettle) and so far on tick over it’s worked.
Used a continuity tester and found the bulb is in tact
Took the left hand bulb out and swapped them around and both work
Haven’t been for a drive or tested them for long so fingers crossed it’s a simple fix
(Although I doubt it )

Thanks again

Thanks very much for your responses. Most kind of you to take the time and interest in helping

I took the easy option (wiggle and fettle) and so far on tick over it’s worked.
Used a continuity tester and found the bulb is in tact
Took the left hand bulb out and swapped them around and both work
Haven’t been for a drive or tested them for long so fingers crossed it’s a simple fix
(Although I doubt it )

Thanks again
Cool - good luck, I'd still be swayed towards a relay issue then. No idea where that relay is but you should be able to hear it ticking.

Back