Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fuses under Passenger seat

Fitz@CFB

Fitz@CFB

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We have a 2018 Ocean. Both the 12v socket behind the kitchen sink and the one at the front of the pop-top roof have stopped working/charging. First thought - must be a fuse. Found an excellent annotated photo of the fuse board under the seat (I think posted by Loz for which many thanks)
Attached photo shows our version which is slightly different - it has an extra 4th 15 amp plus 2x 20amp ones next to it in the top row.
I have managed to confirm that the first 15 is indeed the 12v socket by the bench seat at the C pillar as per Loz’s diagram, and that all 4 15 amp fuses are good.
I can’t find out what the other 3 15 amps are for nor the 2 x 20 amp ones. Certainly none of those fuses solve the mystery of the u/s 12 v sockets behind the sink and in the roof.
Can anyone confirm what these fuses are for please? Also if a blown fuse is not causing the problem with the sockets what should i look for next to fault find.
Of course it is under warranty and I could just default to the dealer but its a 2 hour round trip and I want to get more familiar with the detailed systems in the van to be able to fix stuff while its in use.
Many Thanks
Fitz

1622111126311.jpeg

We have a 2018 Ocean. Both the 12v socket behind the kitchen sink and the one at the front of the pop-top roof have stopped working/charging. First thought - must be a fuse. Found an excellent annotated photo of the fuse board under the seat (I think posted by Loz for which many thanks)
Attached photo shows our version which is slightly different - it has an extra 4th 15 amp plus 2x 20amp ones next to it in the top row.
I have managed to confirm that the first 15 is indeed the 12v socket by the bench seat at the C pillar as per Loz’s diagram, and that all 4 15 amp fuses are good.
I can’t find out what the other 3 15 amps are for nor the 2 x 20 amp ones. Certainly none of those fuses solve the mystery of the u/s 12 v sockets behind the sink and in the roof.
Can anyone confirm what these fuses are for please? Also if a blown fuse is not causing the problem with the sockets what should i look for next to fault find.
Of course it is under warranty and I could just default to the dealer but its a 2 hour round trip and I want to get more familiar with the detailed systems in the van to be able to fix stuff while its in use.
Many Thanks
Fitz

View attachment 79150
A. The fuse positions can vary between vehicles, significantly.
B. Visual inspection is not always good enough. A multimeter or swapping with the C pillar fuse is better.
Under seat fuses power the lights, waterpump, 12v sockets, water tank sensors, fridge and parking heater.

Those 2 12v outlets share a common fuse so it will be one of those 15A fuses, however, are all the other sockets working C pillar and in the boot? I ask as these fuses will also have a common feed wire to the fuse block, so you may also need to check the connection block on the battery positive as we have also seen supply cables that have not been reconnected following work etc.

1622113644725.png

Many thanks for the feedback already.
I did assume that all the 12v sockets must somehow come from that bank of 15A fuses so I checked all the fuses by putting each one into the circuit for the C pillar socket under the back seat which is working and they were all good. I then put what i knew were good fuses back into the 4 slots they came from and still no joy with the sink or roof sockets.
I also tried a new fuse in each slot - the C pillar socket worked but not the ones causing the problem - hence my thought that it must be something other than fuses.
We haven’t had any work done on the van which might have disconnected the battery but i will check the battery positive to make sure all connections are tight.
Thanks again

Okay, good troubleshooting so far, do you have a multimeter or 12V tester you can use to probe each side of the fuses for a 12v presence? then you can move to check for 12v and Ground on those sockets (could have a lost ground to those sockets)

Thanks for your helpful replies. I will locate my old multimeter, try to remember how it works and continue with the fault finding.

Those 2 12v outlets share a common fuse so it will be one of those 15A fuses, however, are all the other sockets working C pillar and in the boot? I ask as these fuses will also have a common feed wire to the fuse block, so you may also need to check the connection block on the battery positive as we have also seen supply cables that have not been reconnected following work etc.

View attachment 79155
where is this arrangement located is it the engine bay?