Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to access fuses under passenger seat

Freeley

Freeley

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi all the fuse on my hella socket on the side of my kitchen unit blew some time ago and have only just got round to having a look.
Without knowing which one it is I've checked all the fuses under the dash and in the engine compartment which are all OK, so I'm thinking it must be one of the fuses under the passenger seat. I can see the fuses but can't work out how to access them - I've had the seat forwards and back and turned it around but still can't get in there.
Am I missing something? The seat doesn't have to come out surely?

Sure you can remove the seat to give an easy acces....;)
It's nown to be very hard to change fuses under the left front seat....you just need to position the seat in order to witch fuse you need to reach....and it is very nice to not have big hands....:D

If you should take out the seat it looks like this.......

image.jpg

If you don't want to remove the seat, turn it sideways (90 degs) and slide fully back... there's enough room (just) to get your hands and a pair of 81's in whilst standing by the open passenger (on RHD vans) door.

Rgds

Mark

Ok cheers chaps will have another look this week when I get time. I reckon I might need a longer pair of fuse pullers than the stock ones in the dash fuse box though.