Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gardx and USB

The T-ster

The T-ster

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hey folks,

I am buying a cali ocean t6 2019 and they have suggested getting guardx protection pack at £399. What are your opinions on this for keeping van mint?

Also they are quoting £349 & vat for another USB port in the small flip lid storage unit on the dash - this seems mad! Are there any reliable cheaper solutions? Think there is only 1 usb in the glove compartment, but could get an adapter for the cigarette lighter space - but I know these can be temperamental?

Price of van is going up and I haven't even purchased!

Re your first item; They are in effect just charging you to do the proper job they should be doing in the preparation in the first place, so I would decline it and go further and not let them clean the vehicle at all and spend the money on a professional detailer doing it for you.

re the USB; these are for the Appconnec/carplay which an adapter in the power socket won't give you.
the second USB socket is a special type and when the vehicle is ordered with 2 a splitter is also installed.

I only have one in the glovebox and use a dash-mounted holder plugged into the glovebox for my carplay.

does getting a protective coating like these affect the warranty with vw?

£399 ?? No. I bought treatment for all of the soft furnished/carpet inside and sprayed them myself. I got that from either e bay or Amazon and it was easily applied (Spray can) and worked. Mine is 3 this year and the interior cleans up easy after a spill etc.

For the outside I bought a DA polisher and some pads for £50 from Amazon. What a difference this makes after a couple of applications.

So I would recommend DIY. Its cheaper and also it means you get a good look around the bodywork for scuffs/scratches. I will DA mine again in the summer.. or when I go to Spain.

I bought a Range Rover and had it Guard X 'D. After all of the poor workmanship I had at that dealership I cant imagine they would do a better job than me.

Enjoy