Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Cooker Thermal Sensor Erratic...

2CV67

2CV67

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
The thermal sensor on our rear cooker burner has always been a bit erratic.
We used to think it was bad enough having to hold the button down for 10 seconds to ensure the gas would not shut off, but now we are up to 30 seconds & still sometimes have to start again!

Is this common?
Is the problem in the actual sensor or the tap?
Is it easy/feasible/impossible to change whatever needs changing?
Has it already been explained somewhere in detail? (sorry if it has & I failed in searching - I did find a 2012 thread which fizzled out with no answer.)

Thanks!

Just returning from a week in Ireland where it was not the best of weather. For some reason my aux heater would not turn on. I took it to a VW dealer in Donegal and they checked everything they could and could not find a fault suggesting that the heater itself may be defunct!! I also tried the methods suggested on this web site. Off to VW in UK next week.

Then suddenly the gas stove started playing up with no gas coming through to the burner. Changed cylinders and plenty of gas in the bottle. All valves opened - sometimes the gas would come through and I'd get to make a cup of tea but this morning it would not light and no sound of gas coming through. Can anyone think of a reason for this intermittent fault - as a first step I'll probably change the regulator. I'm 4 months out of warranty!