Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas safety

Grey one

Grey one

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Dear Beach owners, can you let me know your thoughts on carrying gas bottles safely in my Beach. Perhaps 907 size or smaller. Where do you secure them in transit, how do you secure them, are there any secure boxes you would recommend? Any thoughts much appreciated.

I would go for a size smaller , a 907 fits the rear of a SE/Ocean and one can do many coffee's and diners with it .
Go for the 904 smaller to pack in the beach and big enough .
give it a place in a plastic box (airsealed if you want more security) with a coocker and other stuff .
But don't think many use a airsealed box .

I used to carry a 4.5kg one and secure it in a box which was then tied down, since I have the slidepod the cannisters are left in situ hidden away inside the pod and isolated via a valve when not in use.

Dear Beach owners, can you let me know your thoughts on carrying gas bottles safely in my Beach. Perhaps 907 size or smaller. Where do you secure them in transit, how do you secure them, are there any secure boxes you would recommend? Any thoughts much appreciated.
I'm sure this isn't constrained to Beach owners as many of us Ocean owners also carry another stove / cooker for external use. I don't take particularly special precautions. But I do always make sure the bottle cannot roll around and that the appliance is disconnected and the safety cap screwed in. I carry a second 907 so that I have always got a spare for the main bottle.

I just put mine in the back. just make sure it doesn't roll about. but with all the crap the dog takes with him that's impossible. go outdoors definitely sell the safety screw cap on their own for a couple of quid. then at night if it really bothers you.leave it out side of the van . I've had no problems.

Back