Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Making a cuppa in a Beach?

We went on a wild camping overnighter (the backpacking kind, on foot :eek:) last weekend in the Lake District and were all issued with a Jetboil stove to cook our lunch / dinner / breakfast + hot drinks with.

Amazed by it, so bought a Jetboil MiniMo on Monday which boils enough water for two cuppas incredibly quickly & also simmers better than some of the “rapid boil only” variants. Only fried some sausages so far, but worked like a charm.

Being a pyromaniac at heart we already have a conventional two-ring cartridge gas stove, a rocket stove and BioLite Campstove to choose from, but the Jetboil is far the fastest & lightest and will now likely get the most use.
Sounds good, but alighlty confused how you fried sausages on a jetboil, thoight it was just for liquids (water, soup etc?)

Sounds good, but alighlty confused how you fried sausages on a jetboil, thoight it was just for liquids (water, soup etc?)
reminds me of that joke about a cup of tea and a choc ice in a flask

Is your table a special design / DIY creation? It's a nice fit and nice size.
Here's my setup, the fridge between the front seats looks after the fresh milk and chocolate! The gas stove, fits in one of the rear-bench-seat drawers......

View attachment 36579

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Is your table a special design / DIY creation? It's a nice fit and nice size.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It's a DIY job, I was inspired by a thread on here - Search "Hubbys Handmade" I think.....

It stays up all the time, as bed can be made whilst leaving it in-situ..... Works really well for us, and the bits to assemble only cost about £60

You can buy a separate adaptor pot stand for the Jetboil mini mo which lets you use like a normal cooking stove

You can buy a separate adaptor pot stand for the Jetboil mini mo which lets you use like a normal cooking stove
Didnt know that, thays amzinga, have you a link? you get a cuppa and a bacon sarny sounds amazing, wow! Whos needs a kitchen (hopefully Ocean owners havent read this far into the thread!) :thumb ---- oooh, but they will:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting

Didnt know that, thays amzinga, have you a link? you get a cuppa and a bacon sarny sounds amazing, wow! Whos needs a kitchen (hopefully Ocean owners havent read this far into the thread!) :thumb ---- oooh, but they will:Nailbiting:Nailbiting:Nailbiting
Amazon have them or just google Jetboil mini mo pot stand and there are various other suppliers for around £10

Amazon have them or just google Jetboil mini mo pot stand and there are various other suppliers for around £10
Great. Just seen one in Go outdoors for £11.29. That makes the jetboil a great multifunction tool!!!!

W
The Alpkit Brukit has one in the kit already making it even cheaper :)
Wow, ita only £35!!!! Thats amazing value compared to a jetboil! Have to ask, is it as good though compated to a jetboip?, im a firm believer you get what you pay for in life?

If you are a caravan and camping club member go outdoors will give you a discount so you should get the pot stand for about £10

If you are a caravan and camping club member go outdoors will give you a discount so you should get the pot stand for about £10
Thats good to hear, didnt know that!

Another vote for the jetboil, boils in 2mins and can be used for porridge as well.

W

Wow, ita only £35!!!! Thats amazing value compared to a jetboil! Have to ask, is it as good though compated to a jetboip?, im a firm believer you get what you pay for in life?

Yes...

There are so many fantastic gadgets around today that we are spoilt for choice. The trouble is there's always the temptation to buy them. After a while you end up with too much stuff, much of which isn't used a lot.
You seem to know me? ;)

Agree the Brukit is far better value.

Jetboil MiniMo is promoted as being a variable heat, rather than just “intense boil ASAP” like the Jetboil Flash. I only bought a MiniMo as I’d borrowed one days earlier, the Brukit is likely just as good if ones palette is only as sophisticated as mine :thumb

15753639-B84D-4E60-917B-78F753A5825D.jpeg

Agree the Brukit is far better value.

Jetboil MiniMo is promoted as being a variable heat, rather than just “intense boil ASAP” like the Jetboil Flash. I only bought a MiniMo as I’d borrowed one days earlier, the Brukit is likely just as good if ones palette is only as sophisticated as mine :thumb

View attachment 36605
Thats amazing!!

W

Normally I agree and if I would climb Mount Everest I would probably get the original product. The Alpkit Brukit has worked for almost a year for us, we had an issue with it and got a new one in the mail.

We've had one of the newer brukits for a while. They work really well. As @kave says for use in a van there's no real benefit in buying an MSR or Jetboil at twice the price. It also fits neatly in the 3 seat drawers. Alpkit's aftersales is excellent as well.

Decided to make myself a side shelf for the table rail in my beach using an off cut from my kitchen pod project. As it isn’t possible to get the table attachment brackets from Vw during the Coronavirus lockdown I’ve made my own using some M6 coach bolts, by grinding and filling off one side of the head of the bolt. The shelf is made from light weight furniture plywood using knock on T-Trim. By drilling a 5mm hole in the ply it is possible to just screw the bolt into the wood as it acts like a self tapping screw. Once fitted the shelf is self supporting and doesn’t require any legs or brackets. Obviously it wouldn’t be wise to put heavy objects on it, but is perfect for drinks, phones, iPad etc.BD083531-EC28-4EB4-94EC-8CE93E576C59.jpegCF4D80E4-4DE3-459E-85F1-D81172663F07.jpeg

4078DA2C-433D-48B7-8BA8-09CC87620CD5.jpeg

116BE884-6FF3-4882-8861-6D8EFA3CDDAC.jpeg

C7BB2D1E-072E-4858-8031-B24A3B4A3990.jpeg

27CE9A72-246C-4D42-AB78-77B28CB7D6BB.jpeg

75B1ACF2-FE1B-4B67-A1D4-550CEBC2AE7C.jpeg

BBA8A942-A721-4001-9702-24684049EB7A.jpeg

Back