Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas Tap Fitments

That bag looks like it makes the bottle loads easier to lift out- where is it from please?

Linda
If you mean the blue cover shown in my picture then I can't help I'm afraid. I bought the bottle with the cover on. It doesn't really help get the bottle out but it does stop it scratching the sides of the water tank. It's true purpose is to insulate the bottle from cold and keep the gas pressure up a bit.

Edit
Just seen them at GoOutdoors
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/campingaz-c ... er-p115600

I'm not a physicist, but I don't believe insulating your gas bottle will keep it any warmer. In fact, it will probably make it colder!

The reason is that letting gas out of a rigid bottle actually reduces the temperature inside. It's the same reason an aerosol spray feels cold after you use it. Simply put - the escaping gas takes some of the heat that was in the bottle so the total heat in the bottle goes down.

So as gas is used the bottle drops in temperature. When it gets to a temperature less than its surroundings, heat will flow back into it and its temperature will stabilize. Once you switch it off it will gradually get back to ambient temperature.

By insulating the bottle all you do is slow down the flow of heat back into the bottle and make it stabilize at a lower temperature. It's counterintuitive but there you go!

If the ambient temperature drops (e.g. at night) then it is true that insulating your bottle will keep it warmer - but only until you start to use it. And the reverse is true, as your van warms up in the morning, the bottle will be slower to warm up because of the insulation.

Hmm, I came to this forum to find out about gas regulators and got sidetracked :)

-
Bill

Just wondered out of interest if anyone knows why VW go with the tap and regulator set up (2 fittings) rather than the standard campingaz screw on regulator for the 907 bottle you buy at most stores? The standard regulator is marked ps 28bar but I notice the one on the Cali (see picture on thread) looks like it is marked ps16 bar why the lower pressure flow? or am I misunderstanding the two labels (ie measuring different things)

You will gather I don't know much about gas related stuff ;)