Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gas tap

TimR

TimR

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi the 2011 SE I bought from an independent dealer came without the gas tap to screw into the 907 bottle. They are proposing to send me this part - see photo.

I saw on the forum that the actual VW part is 7H7070605A. Can anyone check to see if what they are proposing to send me is that actual part. I had heard that a standard "camping shop" gas tap will leak.

Appreciate the help. The final piece of the jigsaw!

20150921_101748.jpg

There should be a security valve on the tap .....witch is not shown on the one in your pic.

The set up looks like this

image.jpg

That does look like the correct part.

Hi, so got the tap, tried it out a few times and works, but definitely a gas leak from what I think i the connection between the tap and regulator. Just wondering if there is meant to be a rubber seal between the two as its metal screwed to metal the way it is now?

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

Yes there should be a thick rubber washer between the two parts,beware of thin washers that look the same!

Thanks Snowy, thought so, always good to confirm these things when gas is involved

Expensive postage.
I think the washers are fairly generic. Look for " gas regulator pigtail washer " on eBay.

Expensive postage.
I think the washers are fairly generic. Look for " gas regulator pigtail washer " on eBay.
Beware of the thin washers of the same diameters I repeat.

The ones I saw on eBay were for Caravan regulators and looked quit thick. Anyway I ve ordered some as a spare, so I'll report back.