Gaslow gas tank

A

AlanC

Traveling
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Am considering fitting one of these as a replacement for the 907 Gaz tank.
www.gaslowdirect.com

Can be topped up at your local garage with LPG very cheaply and in most countries this is plentiful, possibly more so than suppliers of Gaz.

My concern is how to fit the inlet. Ideally it should be beside the water filler, but getting the filler pipe out of the water tank storage is posing to be a puzzle. The other option is a right angle bracket under the rear sill. Think that may look poor.

There is a direct fill version available but only certain places in the UK are willing to fill them.

Any one done this?

Alan

Thought about that Rich, but the local supply is the issue and that could be either better or worse abroad.

Apparently French garages can get twitchy if you open the gas tank locker door to fill up. Would probably go ballistic if you lifted the tailgate of your van to fill it!

Alan

I had a good chat with the nice man on the Gaslow stand at the NEC recently and was highly impressed. The gas tank in the California is awkward to change and this system would make life a lot simpler. The fuel is so much cheaper too. The only problem is the one raised earlier in that not many forecourts would be pleased to see you filling up the rear of your van! External filler would be ok but where to put it without it looking naff?

I had a similar chat too and really fancy one of these tanks

I think putting a black version filler through the body beside the water filler is the best looking option. But getting the filler pipe out of the centre of the water tank seems to be impossible.

I have no desire to punch a hole through, what I think is a single skin, only to find I have punctured the tank and have to take the wardrobe out to replace it!

The other option is not to use the screw down top to the container. Seems a little dodgy as the tank is beside our sleeping heads. Although, Propane is heavier than air...!

Will continue to ponder this dilemma.

Alan

I had a similar chat too and really fancy one of these tanks

I think putting a black version filler through the body beside the water filler is the best looking option. But getting the filler pipe out of the centre of the water tank seems to be impossible.

I have no desire to punch a hole through, what I think is a single skin, only to find I have punctured the tank and have to take the wardrobe out to replace it!

The other option is not to use the screw down top to the container. Seems a little dodgy as the tank is beside our sleeping heads. Although, Propane is heavier than air...!

Will continue to ponder this dilemma.

Alan
I was wondering if anyone has fitted a Gaslow cylinder to a California??

Why bother? how often do you actually need to change the cylinder.
Seems an awful lot of work and expense to save 2 or 3 minutes at most once or twice a year. I can understand the logic on a motorhome where the gas is used for providing heating & hot water as well.

Why bother? how often do you actually need to change the cylinder.
Seems an awful lot of work and expense to save 2 or 3 minutes at most once or twice a year. I can understand the logic on a motorhome where the gas is used for providing heating & hot water as well.
It was curiosity mainly. We had them on our Hymer and it was easy filling up with LPG at the same time as topping up with diesel. I agree it is not really worth bothering with on the California but just wondered if anyone had gone for it.

I came to the same conclusion, that the amount of gas we used didn't warrant the cost or difficulty of the Gaslow installation in a Cali. Did like the idea of filling up the tank at the garage though.

Alan

Back