Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Gassing Alarm

What you running then?
1961 Volvo PV544. B18 block with a stroker crank. Built as an endurance car so has a lot of strengthening underneath, OD gearbox, long range tank, etc etc etc. Our first big event with it, very pleased, a nice all-rounder and nothing major fell off apart from the rear window which is somewhere in the desert.

1664641579531.png
out

Lovely. That a 240Z behind?

Doesn't work like that when rallying unfortunately, the route is determined and you only have a few minutes leeway in the schedule even on the non-competitive sections.

I imagine you'd be fine on a general solo leisure trip, ie not building up the kids' adrenaline levels. However down in the south west of the country in particular there appears to be a generally ambivalent attitude towards foreigners.
That’s the problem when you travel through villages where the population has very little and westerners arrive in their tarted up vehicles, I wouldn’t expect anything less. A few dents and cracked screen is par for the coarse..

1961 Volvo PV544. B18 block with a stroker crank. Built as an endurance car so has a lot of strengthening underneath, OD gearbox, long range tank, etc etc etc. Our first big event with it, very pleased, a nice all-rounder and nothing major fell off apart from the rear window which is somewhere in the desert.

View attachment 100056
out
No wonder you got stoned, they thought mad max was arriving :)

Thats a very nice car and also a very cool thing to do. :cheers

Lovely. That a 240Z behind?
240z Datsun followed by Harry Metcalfe on his Aprilia
followed by a Mitsubishi L200.

Guy on the right needs better fitting pants and Eddie Grant on the
left needs his jeans washing. :cheers

Bert Reynolds/Sally Fields in there in a Firebird ?

That’s the problem when you travel through villages where the population has very little and westerners arrive in their tarted up vehicles, I wouldn’t expect anything less. A few dents and cracked screen is par for the coarse..
We call it racism here

View attachment 100056
out
Ever done the gumball rally?

View attachment 100056
out
Your tires look like the Michelin Latitude Cross. Is this it?

Your tires look like the Michelin Latitude Cross. Is this it?
Wow you're sharp. ;)

Yes, in 185/65 15. Hadn't used them before but properly impressed with them. They have a proper reinforced sidewall and tread blocks didn't get badly chewed even after a lot of abuse on very harsh gravel. No idea how they'd be on wet tarmac.

Recommended to me by a friend who'd used them on the Peking-to-Paris (on a 1940s Chevvy Coupe) and didn't get a single puncture which is fairly amazing.

Probably a good Cali tyre if you wanted something robust for overlanding etc.

Wow you're sharp. ;)

Yes, in 185/65 15. Hadn't used them before but properly impressed with them. They have a proper reinforced sidewall and tread blocks didn't get badly chewed even after a lot of abuse on very harsh gravel. No idea how they'd be on wet tarmac.

Recommended to me by a friend who'd used them on the Peking-to-Paris (on a 1940s Chevvy Coupe) and didn't get a single puncture which is fairly amazing.

Probably a good Cali tyre if you wanted something robust for overlanding etc.
This confirms that it is a good choice for our Cali, for those who like to take gravel paths from time to time. And good grip on wet roads too.

This confirms that it is a good choice for our Cali, for those who like to take gravel paths from time to time. And good grip on wet roads too.
Yes they're a roads/tracks tyre rather than an off-road/all-terrain, however the tread blocks would definitely make them better than a standard road-type tyre on a muddy campsite.

I will throw a tenner in a go fund me if you go
and meet up :D
It's not happening mate. She or he is in Spain or isn't in Spain. I was hoping amarillo was going to sort it out

That’s the problem when you travel through Welsh villages where the population has very little and Englanders arrive in their tarted up vehicles, I wouldn’t expect anything less. A few dents and cracked screen is par for the coarse..

Back