Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC 600 carpet (cabin)

Another option is to have them custom made:

Thanks @Svenhedintony! I don't see cabin carpets listed- but I did email them to find out if they can make- they look really cool with all the options!

I did get an email back from Prestige, unfortunately they can not make the carpets for the living area.

After a ton of thought and searching we ended up buying carpet and carpeting edge tape and are going to give it a go making our own. I'll post pictures and details once we start the project- fingers crossed!

So I did it! Took a few hours but I love the end result.

Supplies used:
  • 2m X 4m piece of carpet from my home improvement store (Obi)- cost 54 Euro
    • This is actually enough carpet to make 2 sets of carpets for the van- if you just want to make one set you need a 2mX2m piece of carpet
  • 3 rolls of carpet edging tape from Amazon 9.40 Euro/roll- I actually ordered 6 rolls to make the 2 sets of carpets
  • Craft Paper and Cardboard for creating the template
  • Carpet Knife/Box Cutter
  • Scissors
  • Masking Tape
  • Iron & Ironing Board
I first used craft paper to make templates of the back cargo area and the living area. Then I placed these paper templates on cardboard and cut out to have studier templates. Rolled out the carpet on a cutting surface. I placed the carpet pile side down, and then flipped the templates to cut out from the back of the carpet- found it fairly easy with a sharp box knife. I then took the carpet pieces into the van and did a quick trim for any alignment issues. Once satisfied with the fit, I used a iron to add the edging to the carpet. Please see pictures of the process below.

Very pleased to have 2 sets of carpets for the GC for 110 Euro.....now time to make to the second set!!!
Carpeting 1.jpgCarpeting 2.jpgCarpeting 3.jpgCarpeting 4.jpgCarpeting 5.jpgCarpeting 6.jpg

So I did it! Took a few hours but I love the end result.

Supplies used:
  • 2m X 4m piece of carpet from my home improvement store (Obi)- cost 54 Euro
    • This is actually enough carpet to make 2 sets of carpets for the van- if you just want to make one set you need a 2mX2m piece of carpet
  • 3 rolls of carpet edging tape from Amazon 9.40 Euro/roll- I actually ordered 6 rolls to make the 2 sets of carpets
  • Craft Paper and Cardboard for creating the template
  • Carpet Knife/Box Cutter
  • Scissors
  • Masking Tape
  • Iron & Ironing Board
I first used craft paper to make templates of the back cargo area and the living area. Then I placed these paper templates on cardboard and cut out to have studier templates. Rolled out the carpet on a cutting surface. I placed the carpet pile side down, and then flipped the templates to cut out from the back of the carpet- found it fairly easy with a sharp box knife. I then took the carpet pieces into the van and did a quick trim for any alignment issues. Once satisfied with the fit, I used a iron to add the edging to the carpet. Please see pictures of the process below.

Very pleased to have 2 sets of carpets for the GC for 110 Euro.....now time to make to the second set!!!
View attachment 109459View attachment 109460View attachment 109461View attachment 109462View attachment 109463View attachment 109464
Nice job! Looks as though the dog is also impressed

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Nice job! Looks as though the dog is also impressed

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Thanks- I think Kona (the dog) was just happy to hang out in the van all afternoon! I mean- I can relate =)
Kona-Van.jpg

Thanks- I think Kona (the dog) was just happy to hang out in the van all afternoon! I mean- I can relate =)
View attachment 109482
Looks like a great job and a good saving!!,we also have a dog and use carpet protector to save the carpet in very wet/muddy weather etc.It really saves on the cleaning and you can just wipe it clean, it is like a large roll of thicker cling film but sticky on one side so holds on to carpet

Back