Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC 600 carpet (cabin)

Eber123

Eber123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello,

In an other post I mentioned that I was interested to get carpets for the GC 600. I thought that would be easy, but it seems it is not. So I thought I open a separate question for this.

In the cabin we got the VW rubber mats. They protect the floor rather well, but the rubber is such a strange rubber mix that I have problems to clean it. I don't like them. In the living area we have the original floor.

I thought I treat the camper and get Brandrup carpets. I contacted Brandrup Germany and got as a reply this morning saying, that they offer no carpets for right hand drive campers at the moment. Of course the carpets for the living area and the boot will fit.

I contacted a company in Muenchen, but did not get any reply yet.

My question is now did somebody get the carpets for the cabin (right hand drive) from somehwere? I would love to get the carpets for the cabin, living area and boot from one supplier.

Happy carpeted Grand California,
Eberhard

VW sell carpet sets including cab carpet in the accessories brochure. They’re what I have.

VW sell carpet sets including cab carpet in the accessories brochure. They’re what I have.
Hello Bendwg,

Thank you for your reply. I had a look at the VW Commercial UK website, found the accesories brochure, but could not find a carpet for the Grand California.

Do you have a link for me, please? I also will contact my VW dealer to see what they can offer.

Eberhard

Hello Bendwg,

Thank you for your reply. I had a look at the VW Commercial UK website, found the accesories brochure, but could not find a carpet for the Grand California.

Do you have a link for me, please? I also will contact my VW dealer to see what they can offer.

Eberhard
Morning as Bendwg says VW offer the Carpet option as an Accessory however no part number.
I have them fitted great for sound/warmth insulation create a bit of dust initially. Fitted. The rubber mats over them in the cab area.

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/service/van-accessories-range/grand-california-accessories.html

Will

Morning as Bendwg says VW offer the Carpet option as an Accessory however no part number.
I have them fitted great for sound/warmth insulation create a bit of dust initially. Fitted. The rubber mats over them in the cab area.

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/service/van-accessories-range/grand-california-accessories.html

Will
Hello Jester,

I found the accessories PDF file, but not the carpets. Following your link I looked further down and found the option (it seems it is not my day).

I believe I saw those a few days ago, but discarded them because my first impression was that VW charges £ 235.00 only for the carpets in the cabin. Reading it again it seems that it is for the full set, including the living area.

Is that correct?

Kind Regards,
Eberhard

Hi
Hello Jester,

I found the accessories PDF file, but not the carpets. Following your link I looked further down and found the option (it seems it is not my day).

I believe I saw those a few days ago, but discarded them because my first impression was that VW charges £ 235.00 only for the carpets in the cabin. Reading it again it seems that it is for the full set, including the living area.

Is that correct?

Kind Regards,
Eberhard
Hi Eberhard,

yes that’s correct, however this dose not include the boot/garage area, for this I had a rubber mat made, stops box’s sliding around and any scratches.

it is a good quality mat by the way.

Kind regards,

Will

Just an update.

I printed some screenshots of the VW UK offer for the carpet for the Grand California and visited my VW dealer this morning. He had to look into it and rang me back a moment ago to say that those carpets are not available in Ireland.

I try later this evening to see if I can order them from VW UK. I wonder if they ship to Ireland.

Why are some things so complicated?

Happy rubber matted California,
Eberhard

Does anyone have these VW carpets fitted in a GC600? if so could you say how far into the boot area the carpet goes? I was expecting the carpet to stop at the front edge of the bed where the boot divider is, but it goes almost to the end of the cupboards. I have already bought the Brandrup boot carpet & expected the two to butt up to each other not overlap by a couple of foot.

Am just wondering if I have a GC680 carpet in error.

Does anyone have these VW carpets fitted in a GC600? if so could you say how far into the boot area the carpet goes? I was expecting the carpet to stop at the front edge of the bed where the boot divider is, but it goes almost to the end of the cupboards. I have already bought the Brandrup boot carpet & expected the two to butt up to each other not overlap by a couple of foot.

Am just wondering if I have a GC680 carpet in error.
Sounds very likely you have, as I am sure the carpets only cover the living area up to the divide. Sure Will @Jester can confirm having had both vehicles

Hi Andy

Both 600 and 680 stop at the boot dividers and do not enter past them. Below is the 680 carpet and the my summer mat/carpet that was made for my 600. Hope that helps.

A21F9376-6C25-4D33-A508-F5453AA66095.jpeg

119DFF0E-0797-424D-9838-45E7052F7630.jpeg

Thanks for the photo.

Mine goes over the divider & along another couple of feet, where its raised over the divider it stops the electric cupboard door opening. So must be a GC680 one.

Thanks for the photo.

Mine goes over the divider & along another couple of feet, where its raised over the divider it stops the electric cupboard door opening. So must be a GC680 one.
No worries, dose sound like its for the 680. great carpet though. Fantastic in the winter.

No worries, dose sound like its for the 680. great carpet though. Fantastic in the winter.
Being someone used to the cost of Brandrup carpets, a complete set of VW ones twice the thickness of Brandrup, covering 3 times the area for half the price seems like an absolute bargain.

Being someone used to the cost of Brandrup carpets, a complete set of VW ones twice the thickness of Brandrup, covering 3 times the area for half the price seems like an absolute bargain.
The VW carpet is much much better in every way.

I have had a rubber mat mad for the boot area so nothing slips around. Doing what you do you would say that. :)

Have you thought about OEM rubber mats for the cab ie front seats and tunnel. Again Worth it.

Have you thought about OEM rubber mats for the cab ie front seats and tunnel. Again Worth it.
I might go that way, on the other hand I always used to get the rectangular doormat size carpet samples for £1 each from the local market & use a couple of them. Get them messed up & they go in the bin.

Does anyone know the part number for the VW Carpets for the living area? I can't locate and I want to order. Thank you!

Does anyone know the part number for the VW Carpets for the living area? I can't locate and I want to order. Thank you!

Just be careful & check what actually arrives, the set that came in my GC600 had the GC 600 part number but were definatly for the GC680
IMG_0553.jpeg

Hello,

In an other post I mentioned that I was interested to get carpets for the GC 600. I thought that would be easy, but it seems it is not. So I thought I open a separate question for this.

In the cabin we got the VW rubber mats. They protect the floor rather well, but the rubber is such a strange rubber mix that I have problems to clean it. I don't like them. In the living area we have the original floor.

I thought I treat the camper and get Brandrup carpets. I contacted Brandrup Germany and got as a reply this morning saying, that they offer no carpets for right hand drive campers at the moment. Of course the carpets for the living area and the boot will fit.

I contacted a company in Muenchen, but did not get any reply yet.

My question is now did somebody get the carpets for the cabin (right hand drive) from somehwere? I would love to get the carpets for the cabin, living area and boot from one supplier.

Eberhard
Hi I have just got the VW carpet set for R/Hand drive GC600 from Campervantastic,Great service and fantastic thick quality-well pleased.Hope this helpsGraham

Anyone know where one might get for Left Hand Drive? I have searched using the part number and can only find right hand drive. I will stop by the VW dealer next week, but here in Slovakia we have found going through the dealer we pay around 10-15% more than if we find online, even when you include shipping- and we have to drive 1.5 hours to our closest VW dealer.

Anyone know where one might get for Left Hand Drive? I have searched using the part number and can only find right hand drive. I will stop by the VW dealer next week, but here in Slovakia we have found going through the dealer we pay around 10-15% more than if we find online, even when you include shipping- and we have to drive 1.5 hours to our closest VW dealer.
Campervanbits have only got LHD carpets!

IMG_8576.png

IMG_8576.jpeg

Thanks @Svenhedintony- specifically looking for VW ones- after reading this thread and others, it doesn't see like folks are too happy with the quality of the Brandup ones

Back