Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC Chrome Pack

Breeze1

Breeze1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi,

Does anyone know exactly what this includes apart from the grill.

Thanks

L

Laercio

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hello there Breeze! nice to meet you I'm new here, I ordered my GC680 1 month ago here in Portugal and they just call me this week to said that my order was changed since it will be 2021 model, so answering your question the only change *which they sent me on the picture attached, is the chrome details on the cabin, and there is other changes as the nav unit, side lights and something about the water pump and grey water tank which I don't know how it was before anyway, any doubt just let me know!

Screenshot 2020-06-26 at 13.35.13.png

Breeze1

Breeze1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi Laercio,

Welcome.

Very many thanks for the photos regarding the updates and chrome pack. Do you know when the MY 2021 begins production. It’s been known the problems with the water pump. Like to know more about problems with the grey water tank? Maybe it’s winter proofed.

Good news about your van being progressed as a MY 2021.

L

Laercio

Vehicle
Grand California 680
You are welcome :)

Well they said me that all orders placed in June onwards would be 2021 model, mine will be produced at the week 33

About the grey water tank is something about the water drain position I will ask exactly what it is next time they call me

The other change I forgot to mention is that the diesel heater I originally ordered would be replaced by other model which I can’t confirm if is for one better or cheaper I hope is one newer and better

They didn’t mention nothing about the storage compartment under de NAV system but I noticed that the buttons were removed and that space is deeper with 2 storages instead of one

Also they removed the ParkAssist of my configuration since it will be available only next year because of some kind of parts shortage, you can have this option only if you order the trailer assist which I don’t need it

Breeze1

Breeze1

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
You are welcome :)

Well they said me that all orders placed in June onwards would be 2021 model, mine will be produced at the week 33

About the grey water tank is something about the water drain position I will ask exactly what it is next time they call me

The other change I forgot to mention is that the diesel heater I originally ordered would be replaced by other model which I can’t confirm if is for one better or cheaper I hope is one newer and better

They didn’t mention nothing about the storage compartment under de NAV system but I noticed that the buttons were removed and that space is deeper with 2 storages instead of one

Also they removed the ParkAssist of my configuration since it will be available only next year because of some kind of parts shortage, you can have this option only if you order the trailer assist which I don’t need it
Good morning Laercio,

Great information for me thanks, I did pick up the storage changes, re chrome pack, I probably have the chrome grill installed upon collection. I opted for the park assist and hope it arrives with it, I did spec a tow bar.

I have the gas water heater. I hope you get the best diesel heater and not a cheaper version.

Well we have exciting times ahead.

Thank you for the information to date.

Take care.

L

Laercio

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Looking forward to see the pictures of yours and I hope they delivery to you soon :) all my research was made at the German forum I’m so glad I found this one!

I will keep posting any New information I get, thank you!