Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery not charing

N

niklas941

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hi all,

I am having a little bit struggle with my GC600. I have used it for 1 week without electricity and noticed that the leisure battery was not charging while driving. The boost button on the dashboard does not work either now when the battery is dead.
Right now its plugged in with electricity and it seems like it doesn't charge up as each time I am trying to do something on the control panel I get a warning that the leisure battery is empty.

Do you have any suggestions what I could try?

Thanks a lot!!

//Niklas

For starters you might want to get hold of a multimeter and have a look at battery voltage. The GC electrical setup can be difficult to diagnose from the data available on the panel.

My leisure battery had gone flat. I hooked it up to the house and it took a long time before the battery started holding any charge. I had driven a bit as well but no real charge gained in battery. Had to charge it for over 24hours before it got to 80% plus. It was still saying low or no battery after 4-5 hours hooked up. Think the colder weather makes it take longer too.

My leisure battery had gone flat. I hooked it up to the house and it took a long time before the battery started holding any charge. I had driven a bit as well but no real charge gained in battery. Had to charge it for over 24hours before it got to 80% plus. It was still saying low or no battery after 4-5 hours hooked up. Think the colder weather makes it take longer too.
Thanks! We had nearly -20 degrees some days as I had a trip to a ski resort for a week in the north Sweden (lived in a friends house). I will try to charge it now for a few days and see if something happens.

Hi all,

I am having a little bit struggle with my GC600. I have used it for 1 week without electricity and noticed that the leisure battery was not charging while driving. The boost button on the dashboard does not work either now when the battery is dead.
Right now its plugged in with electricity and it seems like it doesn't charge up as each time I am trying to do something on the control panel I get a warning that the leisure battery is empty.

Do you have any suggestions what I could try?

Thanks a lot!!

//Niklas

I have a related thread on this is you search on the forum. Long story, but tl;dr, only a firmware update at the dealer could fix it. Meanwhile I got a Bluetooth battery monitor which is still really useful. Details also on that thread.

Hi!
Looks like the battery started working again after a day plugged in. Thanks a lot for the help!

//Niklas

Back