Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

GC600 OEM Solar panel yield higher then expected.

T

T3Z-GB

Guest User
About solar again, attached my standard GC600 104 watt OEM panel stats which regularly yields higher then the 104 what per hour.
Is anyone experiencing similar numbers?

E9722208-E79E-4AF2-A9A5-E362E5DE62C7.png

@T3Z-GB thats good but probably normal. The best conditions are clear skies and bright sun but cooler temperatures. The panels are rated at a specific output based on a standard temperature, if cooler they will perform better.

@T3Z-GB thats good but probably normal. The best conditions are clear skies and bright sun but cooler temperatures. The panels are rated at a specific output based on a standard temperature, if cooler they will perform better.
That’s good news. Was under the impression the max output was 104 watt Thanks Mr T.

About solar again, attached my standard GC600 104 watt OEM panel stats which regularly yields higher then the 104 what per hour.
Is anyone experiencing similar numbers?

View attachment 93781
What battery are you charging, as obviously 660wh at 21.5v is over 30amps. Add to that the preceding days and you have charged the standard batteries 50% capacity a few times over, which unless you're using quite a bit each day isn't possible.

What battery are you charging, as obviously 660wh at 21.5v is over 30amps. Add to that the preceding days and you have charged the standard batteries 50% capacity a few times over, which unless you're using quite a bit each day isn't possible.
We have 2x 160am Victron smart batteries, individually they can take a maximum of 80ah each. We use between 80ah and 120ah daily.
My thoughts were along the line of the batteries internal resistance being lower then that of lead acid, possible absorbing whatever the panel can produce.
Solbian’s website also maintains that there panels are roughy + - 5% of what’s stated.
It’s why I was curious to see what everyone is getting. Today it’s already peaked at 128 watts

92A13FAB-D4B1-4B49-969D-DB63FB980E6A.png

I haven't been keeping an eye on mine as I haven't been using the van, but my lifetime generation is 16.45kwh over about 3 months.

I wouldn't see max generation really as my battery is never that low and just the OEM one.

I haven't been keeping an eye on mine as I haven't been using the van, but my lifetime generation is 16.45kwh over about 3 months.

I wouldn't see max generation really as my battery is never that low and just the OEM one.
Thank you, appreciate your input!

Power consumption for anyone interested, cooking on induction, 2 fridges, kettle, laptops, iPads and phones. All the usual. Full time in the van.

FFFDA50C-52EA-49BB-BE83-50814B3A0CA7.png

Back