Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Generation 6 California

We already been discussing this here....
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/two-tone-colours-california-now-available.14860/
They are not comming to the UK so i belive , and in fact i was playing arround with the(Belgian) carconfigurator just a few days agoo and it was not on theire eigther ....
Could have been i overlooked it .
I like the looks but doubt if would have it on mine....with some things you say hey that's nice but actually having it ....something else

We already been discussing this here....
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/two-tone-colours-california-now-available.14860/
They are not comming to the UK so i belive , and in fact i was playing arround with the(Belgian) carconfigurator just a few days agoo and it was not on theire eigther ....
Could have been i overlooked it .
I like the looks but doubt if would have it on mine....with some things you say hey that's nice but actually having it ....something else
But it would be nice to be given the choice!

A lovely set of pics stoney, thank you ...

Dealer at Sheffield has a couple of two tone Carvelles in so perhaps the Cali will eventually come as well.

Dealer at Sheffield has a couple of two tone Carvelles in so perhaps the Cali will eventually come as well.

Maybe.

But maybe us Brits can produce a Cali rival/beater for functionality/quality by the time you get the two tone here.

Looks stunning as does the Caravelle in these colours. My preference is to be as discrete as possible so as not to attract unwanted attention.

Sorry, but looks a bit naff to me. Nice on an old bus though.

I saw one en route to Cornwall couple of weeks ago.

I tried to catch his attention until I realised our Cali was 3 days to pick up, and I was driving a 63 reg BMW black on black X5!

So father and son seated side by side in red and white Caravelle were somewhat surprised by seeing our friendly faces craning to the left as we first pulled alongside and then overtook them.

However, they seemed pleasantly surprised even if did not return the greeting. I could see them making a mental note of "Oooh, it does get noticed even by BMW X5M drivers!"

But alas, we were just future Cali owners, in crazy colour too, albeit single tone.

Now did it look good? Urmmm, I tried hard go like it and get it noticed by my 9 year old. We all forced us ourselves to say it looked good. Truth is we were indifferent, and wouldn't have noticed it if weren't waiting for our own California Beach.

Why didn't it strike a chord? Kind of like witnessing Nigel Farage show up in 60s colourful clothing. Still gormless old Nigel. You can't add a chin or substance with just clothes.

There are other colours that work much better on the VW van. Just like Nigel probably best in grey suit and white shirt.

(Even though I think he thinks that bright colours give him a look of bespoke Saville Row.)

Nice but not for me
b3958c76a7f2ebc23e9928a35a981979.jpg

Ikr,.

Eurovans had a Caravelle in these colours when we placed our order. Wife loved it but not my cup of tea. Thankfully it wasn't available for a Cali then and so no arguments needed! :)

Spotted at Busfest today ...Quite an eyeful!

View attachment 16214 View attachment 16215
Well it's down to personal taste but it's not for me. IMO it looks as if it's trying far too hard. For me at least, the Cali is the gold standard in campervans and the more subtle colours suit it and the Cali lifestyle well. I don't want my Cali to attract any attention and would prefer it if it went un-noticed.

Try stealth camping in that. It wouldn't attract more attention if it was on fire.

Have JCT600 still got those Gen6's? They'll have moss on them soon. Personally I think the Gen6 is a bit Marmite.