Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

German Made Toppers

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
"California-Camping.de" and "Calicap.de" make very similar type toppers - same price, same Airtex material, same options, just different colurs. Does anyone have any insights into the relative qualities of each? Is there a go to German Mutze which beats the others hands down?

Thanks.

Does it have to be a topper?
We are very please with our Cali-Wrap from the club shop. We also have a solar panel so the cozy is more practical and easier to put around.

** + its a British product and shipped in the UK :)

Hi Loz - I've thought about this long and hard, and the breathable Mutze seems to tick all the boxes for my needs offering both summer sun protection and winter wind/rain protection. They seem to be well secured on all sides eliminating any wind flapping noise, and can be stored along with the seats - especially the roofless version.

The only thing I don't like about them is the price!

We have used the Comfortz topper for nearly 7 years, then changed to the Calicap.de version. Have been using it extensively since last summer and have not regretted changing.
Top quality product. Expensive, yes. But we have more stuff from them, and all their quality, fit, etc. are always excellent.

Having said that, we have also ordered some stuff (e.g. carpets) from california-camping.de, and that, too, has always lived up to expectation. Also good quality and service. We don't think you will be disappointed by either.

For us in NL it was always easy to order stuff from either DE of UK. Brexit has changed that: ordering from UK now involves import duties, so it is more expensive and shipping takes longer (stuff ends up in customer warehouses every now and then, until duties are paid, we have found). Our orders will go to DE, now. Something like that may be the case for you as well now, we fear.

Thanks Bart and Marga - Great feedback and re-assuring to know based on your experience.

It will just come down to the practicalities of which one can be supplied, because I'm aware that california-camping have suspended exports to the UK currently.

The California-camping.de version is expensive but is of excellent quality.

Thanks CE. It's calicap.de that have stopped sending stuff to the UK. Don't know about california-camping.de yet.

Back